Electric Charge and Help Putting an Answer Into CAPA Assignment

In summary, the person is having trouble inputting an answer using CAPA for online homework, and they mention that they found webassign easier last semester. They provide an example question and answer, and then mention a second question that is related to the first one. They explain that they have tried entering different answers but they are all marked as wrong. They are asking for help and suggest that it seems like a ridiculous question to get wrong. They advise to check formatting and capitalization and to contact their instructor or support staff for assistance.
GingerBread27
I'm using CAPA now for online homework and I seem to be having some trouble inputting an answer. Last semester I used webassign which I think is so much easier. Anyways, the first question was "Two small spheres with charges 7 and 6 coulombs are held 9 m apart. Find the magnitude of the force (in N) between them." I got the answer and it was 4.66E+09 N. Now the second question relates to this one and it says "Is the force attractive (1) or repulsive (-1)? " There are two positive chargers here and same charges are repulsive so I type in repulsive and it was wrong, I put in repulsive force and it was wrong. I even tried typing in attractive and it was wrong. What's going on? Please help! This seems like a ridiculous question to get wrong! Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
.It's possible that the answer you're submitting isn't formatted correctly for the system you're using. It could also be that the answer is case-sensitive, so make sure you're entering it with the correct capitalization. If you're still having trouble, contact your instructor or the support staff for the program you're using for help.

It sounds like you are having some trouble with the format of the CAPA assignment. It can definitely be frustrating when you are used to a different platform, but with a little practice, I'm sure you will get the hang of it. As for your specific question about the force being attractive or repulsive, it seems like you have the right idea. Remember that like charges repel each other, so the force between two positive charges would be repulsive. In this case, you may need to enter a numerical value rather than a word. For example, you could try entering a "-1" for repulsive or a "1" for attractive. If that doesn't work, I would recommend reaching out to your instructor or the CAPA support team for further assistance. Good luck with your assignment!

1. What is electric charge?

Electric charge is a fundamental physical property of matter that causes it to experience a force when placed in an electric field. It can either be positive or negative, and is measured in units of coulombs (C).

2. How is electric charge created?

Electric charge is created when electrons are transferred from one object to another. This can happen through friction, contact, or induction.

3. What is the difference between conductors and insulators?

Conductors are materials that allow for the easy flow of electric charge, while insulators are materials that inhibit the flow of electric charge. This is because conductors have loosely bound electrons that can move freely, while insulators have tightly bound electrons that cannot move easily.

4. How can electric charge be measured?

Electric charge can be measured using an instrument called an electrometer, which measures the amount of charge on an object. It can also be measured indirectly by measuring the force between two charged objects using Coulomb's Law.

5. How does electric charge affect everyday life?

Electric charge plays a significant role in everyday life, as it is responsible for many phenomena such as electricity, lightning, and the behavior of atoms and molecules. It is also essential in technology, as it allows for the creation of electronic devices and power generation.