Electric Force and Field homework problem

In summary, the electric force between charges is equal to the product of their charges and the distance between them.
balikci
Homework Statement
Electric Force and Field
Relevant Equations
F=(q1.q2)/4.pi.E k=1/4.pi.E
This is my homework. And we don't have online lessons. But my teacher gave this for homework. I couldn't solve this problem. Can you help me?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 23.28.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 23.28.22.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 106
Physics news on Phys.org
balikci said:
Homework Statement:: Electric Force and Field
Relevant Equations:: F=(q1.q2)/4.pi.E k=1/4.pi.E

This is my homework. And we don't have online lessons. But my teacher gave this for homework. I couldn't solve this problem. Can you help me?
Per forum rules, you must show some attempt.
You have quoted a relevant equation. Start by explaining what the variables in it mean (so we can correct any misunderstanding) then what numbers from the problem should be plugged in where.

I am new. I am sorry. I am puting parts which I solved here. I couldn't go further from here.
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-12 at 23.47.35.jpeg

Is that equilateral?

• Haha
Likes Cutter Ketch
Triangle? No. Isosceles.5-5-6

balikci said:
I am new. I am sorry. I am puting parts which I solved here. I couldn't go further from here.View attachment 260505
You started well with the expression for F1 and F2, but there seem to be subscripts I can't read on the charges 6 and 3. What are these?
Then you resolved into x and y components, but you are not asked to do that for the first part. Just evaluate the expression you have.

You have not attempted the second part, right?

For the first part everything looks pretty good.

Your choice of x and y labels is a bit unconventional, but there is nothing wrong with that. The one thing that I can’t figure out is your scientific notation as a subscript. I’ve never seen that before. It is particularly alarming as those all appear to be 4 s instead of 6s. Anyhow, you get the right power in the end, so it must make sense to you. You might want to consider doing something more conventional so it’s easier for the grader to understand and give you credit. Nevertheless it all appears correct and you just need to finish.

Now, what about part B?

What is electric force?

Electric force is a fundamental force of nature that describes the attraction or repulsion between two charged particles. It is caused by the interaction of electric fields created by the charged particles.

What is an electric field?

An electric field is a region of space around a charged particle or object where an electric force can be exerted on other charged particles. It is represented by electric field lines that show the direction and strength of the force.

How is electric force calculated?

Electric force is calculated using Coulomb's law, which states that the force between two charged particles is directly proportional to the product of their charges and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

What is the unit of electric force?

The unit of electric force is Newtons (N), which is the same unit used to measure other types of forces such as gravity and friction.

How does the direction of electric force change with the distance between charged particles?

The direction of electric force between two charged particles is always either attractive or repulsive, depending on the signs of the charges. As the distance between the particles increases, the force decreases according to the inverse square law.