Engineering Problem, Newtons Law based, Any help would be great

In summary, Mike is trying to solve a Newton's law question, but he is having difficulty. He has attempted to solve it, but is still unsure of the answers. He has found this website, which he hopes will help him with his homework.
Mike.
Hi guys.

This is my first post.

I am currently on an engineering apprenticeship and its mostly practical but i have been given a Newtons law question which i am finding very hard.

I have attempted it but still come up stuck.

I have attached the question with the drawing.

I have answered part a.

With S= (V.T)/2
S was 100 (area under the Velocity / time Graph)

T was 20 m/s

So that gave (S)100 = V(?) x (T)20 / 2

So V = 10 m/s

Now I'm really stumped on B and C.

Any help would be Great.

And now I've found this site i hope to give a lot of help back as i have nearly finished my partisanship.

Mike

Attachments

• maths001.jpg
    maths001.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 387
  • maths002.jpg
    maths002.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 428
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Mike. I've moved your post to the Homework Help section of the PF. Even though it is for an apprenticeship, this kind of post still qualifies as homework/coursework-like, and needs to be kept in the Homework Help forums.

I'm a bit confused by the work you've done so far. What is "T"? Is it a velocity, with units of m/s?

Thanks for moving it (sorry i put it in the wrong place), i had considered putting it in here but i thought engineering.

And T is time and i have put M/ in extra (dam) i would edit that but carnt (think cos its been moved).

As for doing it i think I've cracked it, so will post the answer tomorrow (if its wanted)

Last edited:
Mike. said:
Thanks for moving it (sorry i put it in the wrong place), i had considered putting it in here but i thought engineering.

And T is time and i have put M/ in extra (dam) i would edit that but carnt (think cos its been moved).

As for doing it i think I've cracked it, so will post the answer tomorrow (if its wanted)

Yes, please post the answer when you get it. Glad that you're figuring it out.

1. What is an engineering problem?

An engineering problem is a challenge or issue that arises in the process of designing, building, or maintaining a structure, system, or product.

2. What is Newton's Law?

Newton's Law refers to the three laws of motion developed by Sir Isaac Newton in the late 17th century. These laws describe the fundamental principles of motion and are essential in understanding the behavior of objects and systems.

3. How is Newton's Law applied in engineering problems?

In engineering, Newton's laws are used to analyze and solve problems related to the motion of objects and the forces acting on them. For example, engineers may use the laws to calculate the forces and stresses on a bridge or to design a more efficient engine.

4. What are some common engineering problems that involve Newton's Law?

Some common engineering problems that involve Newton's Law include calculating the forces and stresses on structures such as buildings, bridges, and vehicles, designing more efficient machines and engines, and understanding the motion of fluids in pipes and channels.

5. How can I get help with an engineering problem based on Newton's Law?

If you are facing an engineering problem that involves Newton's Law, you can seek help from a qualified engineer, tutor, or online resources. You can also consult with colleagues or professors in the field for guidance and advice.