Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2

In summary, the first circuit has an easier equivalent expression because it uses gates that are more commonly found in circuits. The second circuit is more complicated but has an easier equivalent expression.
DeathDealer

Homework Statement

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3qdr96n27j8wa7/circuit.png?dl=0

The questions is as follows: For each circuit write the equivalent logic expression.

Homework Equations

(B' + C) * A (?) My Attempt at circuit 2
(A* (A' * C') * B') + (A * C * B) My Attempt at Circuit 1

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
I attempted circuit 2 and circuit 1 but circuit 2 is easier because i think i know some of the basics but circuit 1 was very complicated (I did look at it and try to work it out, my best guess really) and i really need an assist on that as for circuit 2 here is what I got and my reasoning: (B' + C) * A

In the second circuit you have three gates. A "NOT" gate, a "OR" gate and an "AND" gate.

1) "NOT" gates inverts the input. An input of '1' for a NOT gate would result in a '0' and an input of '0' would result in a '1'. So if the input is say x we denote the output by x′ where x′ denote the opposite of x. So B becomes B'.

2) "OR" gates take two inputs and add then together. Basically this means if the two inputs are x and y the output will be x+y. So B' becomes B'+C

3) "AND" gates take two inputs and multiplies then together. Hence if the two inputs are x and y the output will be xy. So B' + C becomes (B'+C) * A

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, that is correct. Have you made an attempt for circuit 1?

Likes DeathDealer
axmls said:
Yes, that is correct. Have you made an attempt for circuit 1?
I found it very hard. I know what the gates mean but all those pathways going everywhere is just to confusing. BUT if i had to guess I would say something like: (A* (A' * C') * B') + (A * C * B).

Last edited:
Just start from the right side, and work backwards slowly. Take your time.

axmls said:
Just start from the right side, and work backwards slowly. Take your time.

Am I close? (A* (A' * C ') * B ') + (A * C * B)

I also came up with some tables is this right?

Attachments

• 2.0.gif
    2.0.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 1.gif
    1.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 464
I think i mucked up circuit 1: its (A* (A' * C ')' * B ') + (A * C * B). Could someone tell me if I'm right?

Attachments

• 2.5.gif
    2.5.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 458
DeathDealer said:
I think i mucked up circuit 1: its (A* (A' * C ')' * B ') + (A * C * B). Could someone tell me if I'm right?

Yes, that looks correct.

1. What is "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2"?

"Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" refers to the logical expression that represents the behavior of Circuit 2. This expression is based on the inputs and outputs of the circuit, and it helps to understand how the circuit functions.

2. How is "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" different from other circuits?

"Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" is specific to Circuit 2 and represents its unique behavior. Other circuits may have different logic expressions depending on their inputs and outputs.

3. Can "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" be simplified?

Yes, "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" can be simplified using various logic laws and simplification techniques. This can help to reduce the complexity of the expression and make it easier to understand and analyze.

4. How is "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" used in circuit design?

"Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" is an important tool in circuit design as it helps to understand the behavior of the circuit and identify any potential issues. It can also be used to optimize the circuit and improve its performance.

5. Can "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" be converted into a physical circuit?

Yes, "Eq. Logic Expression for Circuit 2" can be used to design and create a physical circuit that behaves according to the logical expression. This process is known as logic synthesis and is commonly used in modern circuit design.