Find induced current, magnetic force, work in inclined plane

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a conducting bar sliding down conducting rails in the presence of a magnetic field. The conversation asks for the current, formula for magnetic force, formula for terminal velocity, and formula for rate of work done by gravity on the bar. The equations I = emf/R and F = IBL sin 90 are used to find the current and magnetic force. The formula for terminal velocity is (v##d^2B^2 cos^2\theta##)/R, and the formula for rate of work done by gravity is W = mg. The video provided may help in solving the problem.
Helly123

Homework Statement

http://[url=https://ibb.co/b3Emfo]https://preview.ibb.co/gLaEY8/20180527_055248.jpg[ [ATTACH=full]226218[/ATTACH] A conducting bar slides down without friction on a pair of conducting rails separated by distance d. Connected to resistor R and there magnetic field B directed upward, perpendicular to the ground over the entire region through which the bar moves.
1) find the current
2) find the formula for magnetic force
3) After sufficient of time bar moves at constant speed. At this terminal velocity u the gravity force is balanced by the magnetic force along the inclined plane
Find correct formula for u?
4) what is the formula for rate of work done by gravity on the bar?

[h2]Homework Equations[/h2]
I = emf/R
I = (vBLsin ##\theta## )/R

[h2]The Attempt at a Solution[/h2]
1) current
I = emf/R
I = (vBLsin ##\theta## )/R
I = ( v cos ##\theta## B L sin 90)/R

Is B perpendicular to ground? Not to the inclined plane?
So we need v cos theta which perpendicular to B, and makes sin theta to sin 90 ?

2) Find formula for magnetic force
F = IBL sin 90
The answer is (v##d^2B^2 cos^2\theta##)/R
Why ##cos^2\theta##? Because
The current in 1) after calculation with v cos ##\theta## is perpendicular to B that is I cos ##\theta## ?

3)
Could it be gravity forced balanced by F sin ##\theta## ?
Do we have to find u = velocity?
If yes. How is velocity and force related?

4)
W = mg
##\Sigma##F = m.a

Attachments

• 20180527_055248.jpg
    20180527_055248.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 864
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please post the questions related to the problem statement separately from your attempt at a solution . It is difficult to separate what these are from the questions you have about how to solve the problem. Thank you.

Likes Helly123
kuruman said:
Please post the questions related to the problem statement separately from your attempt at a solution . It is difficult to separate what these are from the questions you have about how to solve the problem. Thank you.
Ok sir

1. What is induced current?

Induced current is the flow of electric charge that is created in a conductor by a changing magnetic field.

2. How do you find the induced current?

The induced current can be found by using Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction, which states that the induced current is directly proportional to the rate of change of magnetic flux through a conductor.

3. What is magnetic force?

Magnetic force is the force exerted on a moving charged particle by a magnetic field. It can also refer to the force between two magnets or the force between a magnet and a magnetizable material.

4. How do you calculate magnetic force?

Magnetic force can be calculated using the formula F = qvBsinθ, where q is the charge of the particle, v is its velocity, B is the magnetic field strength, and θ is the angle between the velocity and the magnetic field.

5. How is work calculated on an inclined plane in a magnetic field?

The work done on an object on an inclined plane in a magnetic field can be calculated by multiplying the force acting on the object by the distance it moves along the incline. The force can be found using the formula F = mg sinθ + qvBsinθ, where m is the mass of the object, g is the acceleration due to gravity, q is the charge on the object, v is its velocity, B is the magnetic field strength, and θ is the angle of the incline.