Find Ksp of KHT: Determine [K+] and [HT-]

  • Thread starter Thread starter fizzex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ksp
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 9K views
fizzex
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Determine [K+] and [HT-] in this solution. If the temperature is Tp, a trace of solid is present and reaction is at equilibrium. Determine Ksp at this temperature.
There is 0.950 g of KHT dissolved in 25.00 mL of solution.


Homework Equations


KHT(s) ⇔ K+(aq) + HT-(aq)
Ksp = [K+][HT-]


The Attempt at a Solution


I originally thought to set up an ICE table to find the concentrations of K+ and HT- at equilibrium. With the concentrations, I figured I could then multiply them to get my Ksp value. I realized, however, I do not have a Kc value to use to solve for x. Is there any other way to find Ksp that I'm just missing?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No need for ICE table, all you need to calculate concentrations is a molar mass of KHT.