Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animal
In summary: In summary, this conversation consisted of various links to funny and cute animal pictures and gifs. The conversation also touched on the dangers of raising wild animals, the importance of having a sense of humor in certain areas of the forum, and an amusing owl meme.
  • #2,696
Is that a dog-kitten or a kit-dogen?

• Haha
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,697
Best way to make my girlfriend lose the ability to speak: find ducklings. She can’t process when she gets into cuteness overload.
IMG_2907.jpeg

Likes Rive and BillTre
  • #2,698
Following up on my cicada a few posts back, here's a cicada nymph that has emerged from its 17 years underground and is apparently preparing to "hatch" into a mature cicada.

IMG_4479.jpg

I've also seen empty split-open nymph husks, but I don't think this is one of those. It looks intact. I should have gone around to look from the other side, too.

Likes collinsmark and BillTre
  • #2,699

Likes collinsmark and Bystander
  • #2,700
jtbell said:
Following up on my cicada a few posts back, here's a cicada nymph that has emerged from its 17 years underground and is apparently preparing to "hatch" into a mature cicada.

View attachment 344296

I've also seen empty split-open nymph husks, but I don't think this is one of those. It looks intact. I should have gone around to look from the other side, too.
So it begins. The Screams of Summer arrive.

• #2,701
Serious dedication, surprisingly deep knowledge of vibro-compaction and composite materials...:doh:
Ooops, cannot be embedded... Then, link

Also - cute :biggrin:

• #2,702
jtbell said:
Correction: The "Great Southern Brood" (Brood XIX) emerges every 13 years, not 17.

And the nymph in the picture that I posted had apparently already "hatched". A couple of days later, it looked the same but was definitely an empty husk.