Does Acceleration Require a Force to Be Involved?

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between acceleration and force. The first question asks if a force is necessary for acceleration, to which the answer is yes. The second question asks if acceleration must be constant in the absence of force, and while the initial answer is yes, the further elaboration clarifies that only real forces must be taken into account and the actual answer is no. The conversation also briefly touches on the frame dependence of acceleration and the direction of net force.
urooj

Homework Statement

in accelaration is it must for a force to be involved?
is it must for accelaration to be constant in absence of force?

Homework Equations

f=ma

The Attempt at a Solution

well as far as my attempt goes for both q i am getting only one ans and that is yes.
but the actual answers are different,i.e,no.
i thought lot but i can't gety at it.
kindly help.

Physics news on Phys.org
The first question is straightforward; the answer is yes.

But that second question is a strange one; in the absence of force what must the acceleration be?

i forgot to mention this that only real forces must be taken.
the actual q is matchin-
acceleration- i)frame dependent
ii)force must be involved
iii)must be in the direction of net for(including pseudoforce)
iv)must remain constant if no force is there

to which options does acceleration match?

FAQ: Does Acceleration Require a Force to Be Involved?

1. What is the relationship between force and acceleration?

According to Newton's second law of motion, force is directly proportional to acceleration. This means that the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be.

2. How is force measured?

Force is measured in Newtons (N) using a tool called a spring scale or a force meter. One Newton is equal to the force required to accelerate a mass of one kilogram at a rate of one meter per second squared.

3. What factors affect the acceleration of an object?

The acceleration of an object is affected by its mass and the amount of force applied to it. The greater the mass of the object, the more force will be needed to accelerate it. Similarly, the greater the force applied, the greater the acceleration will be.

4. What is the difference between acceleration and velocity?

Acceleration refers to the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. Velocity, on the other hand, is the speed and direction of an object's motion. In simpler terms, acceleration is how fast an object is speeding up or slowing down, while velocity is the object's overall speed and direction.

5. What is the concept of net force?

Net force refers to the overall force acting on an object, taking into account all the individual forces acting on it. If the net force is zero, the object will remain at a constant velocity. If the net force is not zero, the object will accelerate in the direction of the net force.

Back