Understanding Force Systems: Exploring Simultaneous and Axis Rotation Methods

In summary, the person is asking for help with a question that involves finding large numbers, specifically over the 10000N range. They have tried to solve it using two different methods and have two pages of notes. They are new to this type of problem and are feeling overwhelmed.
widger
Hey guys, this is the question i have been givin. i have been stuck on it for a while now, and i keep getting overly large numbers?
such as over the 10000N range.. and according to the ansers its no where near that figure,
i have about 2 pages of scrap notes i tried working out,

in the simultaneous way and also the axis rotation way, we have to do it in.
im new to this so :S

thanks guys.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.JPG
    SCAN0001.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 342
Physics news on Phys.org
this is what i have come up with? but i can just see I am all over the shop?
i think I am having a real bad week!

Attachments

• SCAN0003.jpg
    SCAN0003.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 362
  • SCAN0004.jpg
    SCAN0004.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 342

1. What does a force system refer to?

A force system is a collection of forces acting upon an object or structure, both in terms of magnitude and direction.

2. How do you calculate the resultant force in a force system?

The resultant force is calculated by finding the vector sum of all the individual forces in the system. This can be done through graphical methods or by using mathematical equations.

3. What is the difference between a concurrent and a non-concurrent force system?

A concurrent force system is one in which all forces act at a common point, whereas in a non-concurrent force system, the forces do not intersect at a single point.

4. Why is it important to analyze force systems?

Analyzing force systems allows us to determine the overall stability and equilibrium of an object or structure, and helps us understand the effects of external forces on the system.

5. Can a force system be in equilibrium if it is not in balance?

No, a force system is only in equilibrium if it is both balanced and not accelerating. If there is a net force acting on the system, it will not be in equilibrium.