Calculating Force Table Vector Equilibrium

In summary, the problem is to calculate the weight and degree of f3 in order to achieve equilibrium, based on the weight and angle given for f1 and f2. The formula Fnet = F1 + F2 may be helpful, but there is not enough information provided to solve the problem. The given information is f1 = 200gm at 30 degrees and f2 = 200gm at 120 degrees. The thread containing elementary physics formulas may be helpful in finding the necessary formula.
kylansb

Homework Statement

calculate f3 weight and degree base on weight and angle given for f1 and f2, the whole thing has to achieve equilibrium.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i forgot to copy down the formula since our team's equipment malfunctioned from the get go, so we spent the rest of the time playing catch up.

Physics news on Phys.org
any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time posting so if i left anything out please notify me thank you guys

You probably need to know that Fnet= F1 + F2. But you aren't giving nearly enough information in the question for anyone to help you. Also, there is a thread containing all of the elementary physics formulay.

Likes kylansb
really? ok i'll look for it after posting this

well i been given f1 is 200gm at 30 degree and f2 is 200gm at 120 degree, calculate f3's gm and degree

1. What is a force table and how does it work?

A force table is a scientific tool used to demonstrate vector equilibrium and the principles of forces acting on a body. It consists of a circular table with a central axis and three adjustable strings attached to the edge of the table. The strings can be manipulated to represent different forces acting on an object placed at the center of the table.

2. What is vector equilibrium and why is it important?

Vector equilibrium is a state in which the net force acting on an object is zero, meaning that the object is in a state of balance. This is important because it helps us understand how different forces acting on an object can cancel each other out and result in a state of equilibrium.

3. How do you calculate the magnitude and direction of a force using a force table?

To calculate the magnitude and direction of a force using a force table, you need to measure the angles formed by the strings and use trigonometric equations to find the components of the force in the x and y directions. The magnitude of the force can then be calculated using the Pythagorean theorem and the direction can be determined using inverse trigonometric functions.

4. Can a force table be used to calculate forces in real-life situations?

While a force table is a useful tool for understanding the concepts of vector equilibrium and force calculations, it is not typically used for real-life situations. In real-life, there are often multiple forces acting on an object and the calculations can become more complex. However, the principles learned from using a force table can be applied to real-life situations.

5. Are there any limitations to using a force table?

Yes, there are some limitations to using a force table. The strings used in the force table may not be completely frictionless, which can affect the accuracy of the measurements. Additionally, forces in real-life situations are often not perfectly horizontal or vertical, which can make it difficult to replicate on a force table. It is important to keep these limitations in mind when using a force table for experiments or demonstrations.