Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Fuel cell mass flow rate magnitudes

1. Sep 11, 2018 #1
    Hello,

Can you tell me please the mass flow rate of hydrogen and oxygen per unit of area of electrodes in fuel cells? Or if you have information on the mass flow rate of hydrogen and air per volume of fuel cell stack?

I understand this may vary, but I am looking for publications or other sources that have such info, even if it is for specific fuel cells.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2018 #2

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

:welcome:

Of course it would vary with the make and model, but especially with how much power is consumed. You'll need more specifications before that can be answered. But the best answers are likely to come from manufacturers.

Not all fuel cells are alike. For general information, I would start here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell#Types_of_fuel_cells;_design
    Then I would follow the links in the reference section of that article for more details.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted