Get Expert Help with Integration Homework - Essential Equations & Solutions

• Thread starter quackdesk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, the conversation discusses different approaches to solving a problem involving an undefined integral given in class. One person suggests using integration by partial fractions, while another suggests completing the square inside the radical and using a trig substitution. The conversation ends with the person successfully solving the problem with the help of a friend and obtaining the solution of arcsin√x +C.
quackdesk

Homework Statement

http://prikachi.com/images/201/4687201t.gif

Homework Equations

Given in class on material connected with undefined integral

The Attempt at a Solution

Hard for me to grasp that one...
P.S Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Use integration by partial fractions.

grindfreak said:
Use integration by partial fractions.
The integrand is not a rational expression, so I don't see how this technique could work.

A better approach, I believe, is to complete the square inside the radical, and then use a trig substitution.

Hmmm, good point trig substitution would probably work.

I finally done it with a little help from a friend :)
http://prikachi.com/images/946/4687946U.gif
which is arcsin√x +C

Related to Get Expert Help with Integration Homework - Essential Equations & Solutions

What is integration?

Integration is a mathematical process that involves finding the area under a curve. It is the inverse operation of differentiation and is used to solve a variety of real-life problems in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

Why is integration important?

Integration is important because it allows us to solve a wide range of problems that involve finding the total amount or quantity of something. It is also used to calculate probabilities, volumes, and centers of mass, making it a crucial tool in many scientific and engineering applications.

What are the essential equations used in integration?

The essential equations used in integration include the fundamental theorem of calculus, integration by substitution, integration by parts, and partial fractions. These equations provide different methods for solving integration problems and are essential for understanding and applying integration in various situations.

What are some common difficulties students face with integration homework?

Some common difficulties students face with integration homework include understanding the concepts and principles behind integration, identifying the correct method to use for a given problem, and making mistakes in the calculations. It is important to seek expert help to overcome these difficulties and improve understanding.

How can I get expert help with integration homework?

You can get expert help with integration homework by seeking assistance from a tutor or a teacher, joining a study group, or using online resources such as tutorial videos, practice problems, and forums. It is also helpful to practice regularly and seek clarification on any concepts or problems that you find challenging.