Good book abaut classical mechanics? (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

ryt

hi
im new to this forum, i yust registered, and i think is great forum, the best and wery helpfull

im on a physics and informatics colledge, i need to pass classical mechanics (i have some dificulties with it), so i have a question does somebody know some good book about classical mechanics (with kinematics, statics, dinamics, fluids)(i' d prefear theat goes from bottom and theat is wery good in explaining)?

thx

If you want incredibly excrutiating mathematical detail go for Greiners classical mechanics. It is dead boring though and probably not very good as a introduction.

If you want a good introduction I liked the chapters for mechanics in "university physics" by Young and Freedman.

Hey, i am new to this forum.i dont know how to continue with things here.pls someone suggests me how to use this forum in a better way.
i want a good book on classical mechanics containing good numerical problem .i want to practice from that.please smeone suggest some good books,thanx.

Last edited:
i guess Classical Mechanics by Prof Klepner will be great. well i am new too and i looking forward to this forum.

If you need to get up to speed, French's Newtonian Mechanics is at a level between freshman physics and, say, a book like Symon.

There was a https://www.amazon.com/dp/0070602328/?tag=pfamazon01-20, but it seems to be long out of print.

Last edited by a moderator:
im new here too.. wht wud u say about I E IRODOV for mechanics problems...herd its quite gud...

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving