1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good book abaut classical mechanics?

1. Sep 5, 2006 #1

ryt

hi
    im new to this forum, i yust registered, and i think is great forum, the best and wery helpfull

im on a physics and informatics colledge, i need to pass classical mechanics (i have some dificulties with it), so i have a question does somebody know some good book about classical mechanics (with kinematics, statics, dinamics, fluids)(i' d prefear theat goes from bottom and theat is wery good in explaining)?

thx

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2006 #2
    If you want incredibly excrutiating mathematical detail go for Greiners classical mechanics. It is dead boring though and probably not very good as a introduction.

If you want a good introduction I liked the chapters for mechanics in "university physics" by Young and Freedman.

4. Sep 7, 2006 #3
    Hey, i am new to this forum.i dont know how to continue with things here.pls someone suggests me how to use this forum in a better way.
    i want a good book on classical mechanics containing good numerical problem .i want to practice from that.please smeone suggest some good books,thanx.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  5. Sep 18, 2006 #4
    i guess Classical Mechanics by Prof Klepner will be great. well i am new too and i looking forward to this forum.

6. Sep 19, 2006 #5
    If you need to get up to speed, French's Newtonian Mechanics is at a level between freshman physics and, say, a book like Symon.

There was a Schaum's Outline, but it seems to be long out of print.

7. Sep 23, 2006 #6
    im new here too.. wht wud u say about I E IRODOV for mechanics problems...herd its quite gud...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?