How Long to Travel 12m at 0.20m/s² Starting at 3.0m/s?

In summary, the first scenario involves calculating the time it takes for an object to travel a distance of 12m while accelerating uniformly at a rate of 0.20m/s^2 from an initial velocity of 3.0m/s. The answer is 3.5 seconds. In the second scenario, Chris accelerates his SUV at a rate of 4.0m/s^2 for 10 seconds, then travels at a constant velocity for 12 seconds, and finally comes to rest over a displacement of 100m. The total displacement is 780m and the average velocity is 29m. The equations used in these types of kinematics problems are x=x_0 + V_0*t + .5
mat1101

Homework Statement

Accelerating uniformly at a rate of 0.20m/s^2 from initial velocity of 3.0m/s, how long will it take to travel a distance of 12m

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Answer is 3.5 seconds
But I don't know how you get that

Also another question

Chris accelerrates his massive SUV from rest at a rate of 4.0m/s^2 for 10s. he then travels at a constant velocity for 12s and finally comes to rest over a displacement of 100m. Determine his total displacement and average velocity,

Answer is 780m;29m

Please help!

Physics news on Phys.org
well do you know the equations for kinematics problems?

I.e

x=x_0 + V_0*t + .5at^2

1. What topics are covered in Grade 11 Physics?

Grade 11 Physics typically covers topics such as kinematics, dynamics, energy and momentum, waves and optics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics.

2. How can I improve my understanding of Grade 11 Physics?

To improve your understanding of Grade 11 Physics, it is important to actively engage with the material and practice problem-solving. You can also seek help from your teacher or classmates, use online resources and study guides, and attend review sessions or tutoring sessions.

3. Will I need to have a strong math background for Grade 11 Physics?

While a strong math background can be helpful in understanding some concepts in Grade 11 Physics, it is not necessary. Basic algebra and geometry skills are usually sufficient for this level of physics.

4. What are some real-world applications of Grade 11 Physics?

There are many real-world applications of Grade 11 Physics, such as understanding the behavior of objects in motion, designing and optimizing machines and structures, developing new technologies and devices, and understanding the properties of light and electricity.

5. How can I prepare for exams in Grade 11 Physics?

To prepare for exams in Grade 11 Physics, it is important to review and practice regularly, create study guides or notes, attend review sessions, and seek help from your teacher or classmates if needed. It is also helpful to understand the format and types of questions that may be asked on the exam.