Graphing implicit/3d/whatever (multiple plots) in maple/other software

In summary: It is also helpful to have a general understanding of how to graph equations, planes, and functions in order to visualize the problem.
isoman2kx
how would I graph this? I'm getting killed by the boundaries on these triple integrals and trying to visualize these graphs without a calculator or any sort of help. for example, how would you get the boundaries from this problem with a graphing software such as maple?

::::problem::::

evaluate the triple integral where E is bounded by the cylinder y^2 + z^2 = 16, and the planes x = 0, y = (4/3) x , and z = 0.

I see graphs like this for the problem above that look like my first attachment. The closest I've come is entering it in maple like I've shown in my 2nd attachment for this problem, but why doesn't my graph look like the random professors graph from the web? Mine doesn't have any curves or contours, it's just rigid useless lines. What is their secret?

I take back the maple only request but if you guys know ANY software where I can successfully enter problems like the above into visualize them would greatly help me out. In a way I'm looking at larger picture because I want to know how to graph any set of equations, planes, functions in one graph regardless of if there's a x, y, z etc, but this problem would certainly help in getting there.

please help :( lol.

-Travis

Attachments

• 2009-11-08_160139.jpg
    2009-11-08_160139.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 2009-11-08_160546.jpg
    2009-11-08_160546.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 321
Physics news on Phys.org
To graph this problem, you will need to use a graphing software such as Maple or Mathematica. You can enter the equations of the cylinder, planes, and the boundary conditions into the graphing software, and then it will generate an image of the graph. You may need to adjust the display settings in the software to get a better view of the graph.

What is implicit graphing and how is it different from regular graphing?

Implicit graphing involves graphing equations that are not explicitly written in terms of a dependent variable. This means that the dependent variable is not isolated on one side of the equation. Regular graphing involves graphing equations that are explicitly written in terms of a dependent variable.

Can I graph multiple plots at once in Maple or other software?

Yes, most software programs such as Maple allow you to graph multiple plots at once. This can be done by entering multiple equations or functions into the graphing tool.

What is 3D graphing and why is it useful?

3D graphing involves creating visual representations of equations or functions in three-dimensional space. It is useful for understanding complex relationships between multiple variables and can provide a more comprehensive view of a mathematical concept.

Is there a limit to the number of plots that can be graphed at once?

The limit of plots that can be graphed at once depends on the specific software being used and the capabilities of the computer running the software. Some programs may have a limit, while others may allow for an unlimited number of plots.

Can I customize the appearance of my graphs in Maple or other software?

Yes, most software programs offer a variety of customization options for graphs, such as changing the color, style, and size of the plot lines, adding labels and titles, and adjusting the axes. These options can be found in the graphing tool or through specific commands in the software's programming language.