Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Have you ever fallen in love with a celebrity?

1. Jul 3, 2016 #1
    A famous singer, actress or in general a girl who is famous and impossible to be with or meet

Same for girls: singer, actor and in general someone impossible to get

How did you deal with that? I mean you know it's impossible

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

It was easy to get over once you met someone more interesting.

4. Jul 3, 2016 #3

ShayanJ

Gold Member

It never happened to me. But I can easily see how you can avoid it or get out of it. Realize that its not a person that you love, its only a false image made to advertise and make money. It doesn't necessarily mean that the real person behind that image is a bad person, but you can be sure that its not the real person presented to you and there was no intention of any kind of personal relationship in creating that image except at the level that makes the advertisement successful.

5. Jul 4, 2016 #4

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Somewhat related, I once felt strongly about a girl who I merely dreamed about. It was odd. I'm pretty sure the person had no analogue in reality, I wasn't even entirely sure what they looked like but I felt weird about it for a few days- then the feeling basically went away.

As far as celebrities, I don't watch TV or really any type of digital entertainment, so I don't know much about that.

6. Jul 4, 2016 #5

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

I had the hots for Justin from NSYNC... o:)

7. Jul 4, 2016 #6

wolram

Gold Member

I did not love Davina Mc Call but i fancied her something rotten

8. Jul 4, 2016 #7
    Falling in love with a celebrity ? I think it is probably just your admiration you have to idolize the one you are fond of or likely want to be, not really love, with which in most cases needs a time dependent process to grow.
    If I always had to fall for celebrities I solely met or saw on TV shows or in movies, there would have probably been at least 1000 stars I couldn't resist to go out with within a few months. All sound cute and sooo gentle ... before their audience.

9. Jul 4, 2016 #8

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Awful schoolboy crush on Barbara Harris from "A Thousand Clowns". Particularly emotive face .

51NJE5R3BQL.jpg

It's now fifty years later and Helen Hunt has same effect on me .

I just sigh.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  10. Jul 13, 2016 #9

TheBlackAdder

Gold Member

Emma Watson, when I was 12 or something.

11. Jul 18, 2016 #10

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Marisa Tomei, Susan Sarandon. It passes with time.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  12. Jul 20, 2016 #11

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Haven't we all?

I have never really shaken off the spell cast on me by these two eyes, or rather four.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted