Have you ever fallen in love with a celebrity?

Main Question or Discussion Point

A famous singer, actress or in general a girl who is famous and impossible to be with or meet

Same for girls: singer, actor and in general someone impossible to get

How did you deal with that? I mean you know it's impossible

Answers and Replies

It was easy to get over once you met someone more interesting.

It never happened to me. But I can easily see how you can avoid it or get out of it. Realize that its not a person that you love, its only a false image made to advertise and make money. It doesn't necessarily mean that the real person behind that image is a bad person, but you can be sure that its not the real person presented to you and there was no intention of any kind of personal relationship in creating that image except at the level that makes the advertisement successful.

Student100
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Somewhat related, I once felt strongly about a girl who I merely dreamed about. It was odd. I'm pretty sure the person had no analogue in reality, I wasn't even entirely sure what they looked like but I felt weird about it for a few days- then the feeling basically went away.

As far as celebrities, I don't watch TV or really any type of digital entertainment, so I don't know much about that.

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
I had the hots for Justin from NSYNC... o:)

wolram
Gold Member
I did not love Davina Mc Call but i fancied her something rotten

Falling in love with a celebrity ? I think it is probably just your admiration you have to idolize the one you are fond of or likely want to be, not really love, with which in most cases needs a time dependent process to grow.
If I always had to fall for celebrities I solely met or saw on TV shows or in movies, there would have probably been at least 1000 stars I couldn't resist to go out with within a few months. All sound cute and sooo gentle ... before their audience.

jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Dearly Missed
Awful schoolboy crush on Barbara Harris from "A Thousand Clowns". Particularly emotive face .

51NJE5R3BQL.jpg

It's now fifty years later and Helen Hunt has same effect on me .

How did you deal with that?
I just sigh.

Last edited:
TheBlackAdder
Gold Member
Emma Watson, when I was 12 or something.

EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Marisa Tomei, Susan Sarandon. It passes with time.

Last edited:
epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Haven't we all?

I have never really shaken off the spell cast on me by these two eyes, or rather four.