1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heat Transfer from metal wall

1. Nov 9, 2006 #1
    A light breeze of 10mi/hr blows across a metal building. The buildings wall is 3.7m tall and 6.1m wide. A net energy flux of 347w/m^2 from the sun is absorbed by the wall and then disipated to the air through convection. Assuming the air is 27c and 1 atm and blows across the wall as a flat plate, estimate the average temp the wall will atain at equlibrium.

I took the flux and divided it by the area to get the heat transfer. I was thinking that i need to work backwards through the Nussalt number to find h, then I can solve from the convection eqn but I have a sheet with a bunch of Nussalt equations that all depend on the Renolds number for this situation, but that depends on the temp of the wall? Where do I begin?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?