How can I draw a motion diagram?

In summary, a motion diagram is a visual representation of an object's movement over time, showing its position, direction, and speed. To make one, data is collected and plotted on a graph, with arrows indicating the motion. The purpose of a motion diagram is to understand and analyze an object's motion. Common mistakes include not labeling axes, using inconsistent units, and inaccurate arrows. Tools and software, such as motion analysis software and graphing calculators, can assist in creating a motion diagram. It is important to choose the appropriate tool for the level of complexity of the motion being studied.
bri_garcia11
Homework Statement
my prompt is to: Draw a motion diagram on a sheet of paper for the marble when it travels 35 cm. Include your name and the date on the page..
Note: Include enough points to clearly show the motion. Choose a reasonable time interval in order to do this, possibly 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. Include velocity arrows and velocity change arrows in your diagram. Clearly label each point.

I do not know what I should do, this is a kinematics lab and I slid a marble down a ramp, at 35 cm the velocity was 1.03 m/s the photo is what I have but I know its not right
Relevant Equations
none
I attached an image

Attachments

• d2hgCNyJQG+NJBCY1xutrw.jpg
    d2hgCNyJQG+NJBCY1xutrw.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 361
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps this video will help:

You can find more videos via google search on "drawing a motion diagram"

1. What is a motion diagram?

A motion diagram is a visual representation of the motion of an object over time. It shows the position of the object at different points in time, as well as its velocity and acceleration.

2. How do I make a motion diagram?

To make a motion diagram, you will need to collect data on the position of the object at different points in time. This can be done using tools like a stopwatch or motion sensors. Once you have the data, you can plot it on a graph to create the motion diagram.

3. What is the purpose of a motion diagram?

The purpose of a motion diagram is to help visualize and understand the motion of an object. It can also be used to analyze the object's velocity and acceleration, and to make predictions about its future motion.

4. What are the key components of a motion diagram?

The key components of a motion diagram are the position of the object at different points in time, represented by dots or markers on the diagram, and the arrows that show the direction and magnitude of the object's velocity and acceleration.

5. How can I use a motion diagram to solve problems?

A motion diagram can be used to solve problems by providing a visual representation of the motion, which can make it easier to identify patterns and relationships. It can also help with calculations by providing data points for velocity and acceleration at different points in time.