Find G in Pendulum Experiment: Help Solve I Need

• Thread starter cpriyan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pendulum
G is gravity?In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with a pendulum experiment to find the value of "g". They are confused and not getting the desired result when applying the formula T^2 = 4(pi)^2/g. The conversation includes a table with variables and values, but it is unclear what exactly the person is trying to solve for.
cpriyan
I Need help...I'm not getting the value of "g" correctly..please someone help/
This is a pendulum experiment to find "g".

S L EL T TT T^2 G

1 80 82.43 35 35/80?? (35/80)^2?
2 70 72.43 33 33/70?? (33/70)^2?
3 60 62.43 31 31/60?? same

Plz help me find the value of g , time period and t^2...i'm getting confused...or missing out something...nd not getting the reqd result...when i apply T^2 = 4(pi)^2/g formula/...PLZ HELP!

Physics news on Phys.org
cpriyan said:
I Need help...I'm not getting the value of "g" correctly..please someone help/
This is a pendulum experiment to find "g".

S L EL T TT T^2 G

1 80 82.43 35 35/80?? (35/80)^2?
2 70 72.43 33 33/70?? (33/70)^2?
3 60 62.43 31 31/60?? same

Plz help me find the value of g , time period and t^2...i'm getting confused...or missing out something...nd not getting the reqd result...when i apply T^2 = 4(pi)^2/g formula/...PLZ HELP!

EL =Effctive Length
TT =Time Period

What are all your variables/values and what exactly are you trying to solve?
It looks like you have three trials with different values for everything but it isn't presented in a manner that makes sense without some more explanation.

S is sample? L is length? T is time?

1. What is the purpose of finding G in a pendulum experiment?

The purpose of finding G in a pendulum experiment is to determine the acceleration due to gravity, which is a fundamental constant in physics. It can help us understand the behavior of objects in free fall and the motion of pendulums, among other things.

2. How is G measured in a pendulum experiment?

G is typically measured in a pendulum experiment by using a formula that relates the length of the pendulum, the period of its swing, and the acceleration due to gravity. This formula is T=2π√(L/G), where T is the period, L is the length, and G is the acceleration due to gravity.

3. What factors can affect the accuracy of G in a pendulum experiment?

The accuracy of G in a pendulum experiment can be affected by factors such as air resistance, the angle of the pendulum, the mass of the pendulum bob, and the accuracy of the timing device used to measure the period. It is important to minimize these factors to obtain a more accurate measurement of G.

4. How can G be used in other experiments and real-world applications?

G can be used in a variety of experiments and real-world applications, such as calculating the velocity of objects in free fall, determining the mass of planets, and designing structures like bridges and buildings. It is also a crucial component in understanding the laws of motion and gravity.

5. What are some potential sources of error in a pendulum experiment to find G?

Some potential sources of error in a pendulum experiment to find G include using an inaccurate timing device, not accounting for air resistance, not controlling for the angle of the pendulum, and not considering the effects of the mass of the pendulum bob. It is important to carefully control and account for these factors to obtain a more accurate measurement of G.