Help with comic book character?

• Thread starter BJ420
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the main character in this comic has the ability to manipulate the weight and material of objects with his hands. This could potentially be explained by manipulating gravity and the body's ability to regenerate and adapt. There are various formulas and concepts in physics that could provide a scientific basis for these powers.
BJ420
Hey guys, I have a comic I'm working on and wanted to know if anyone could help me with the science/ physics part of the main character.

With his left hand, he can make things like boulders, ships, whales, etc. (heavy things) as light as a feather. Using his right hand, he can multiply an object's weight and make it extremely weighed down/heavy. He can also heal extremely fast and turn his body into metal.

Besides those last two parts, could someone explain the science aspect of the whole making things heavier and lighter power? Like do they have anything to do with Impulse, momentum, energy, etc. or are their any formulas etc. I'm not that much of a science buff lol. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
BJ420 said:
Besides those last two parts, could someone explain the science aspect of the whole making things heavier and lighter power? Like do they have anything to do with Impulse, momentum, energy, etc. or are their any formulas etc.

Making an object lighter/heavier (changing the mass) will certainly change things that depend on the object's mass. There are too many formulas to list completely, but here are a few basic ones:

Kinetic Energy: e = mv2
Momentum: p = mv
Force: F = ma

Hi there! Your character's powers definitely have a lot of potential for interesting applications in your comic. To answer your question about the science behind his abilities, let's break it down into two parts: making things lighter and making things heavier.

First, let's talk about making things lighter. This ability could potentially be explained by manipulating the gravitational force on the object. In physics, gravity is described by the equation F = G (m1m2)/r^2, where F is the force of gravity, G is the gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the two objects, and r is the distance between them. So, if your character can somehow manipulate this equation or the gravitational constant itself, he could make objects lighter by decreasing the force of gravity acting on them. This could also be related to the concept of weightlessness, where objects seem to have no weight in space due to the lack of gravity.

On the other hand, making things heavier could be explained by increasing the gravitational force on the object. This could be achieved by somehow increasing the mass of the object, which would then increase the force of gravity acting on it. This could also be related to the concept of terminal velocity, where objects reach a maximum speed due to the force of gravity and air resistance.

As for the science behind his healing abilities and ability to turn his body into metal, those could be related to the body's ability to regenerate and adapt to different materials. The process of healing involves the body's cells multiplying and repairing damaged tissues. Similarly, the process of turning into metal could involve the body's cells adapting and transforming into a different material.

I hope this helps give you some ideas for the science behind your character's powers! Of course, as a disclaimer, these are just potential explanations and you are free to use your own creative license in your comic. Happy writing!

Likes TevinDoolyrah

1. Who can I turn to for help with creating a comic book character?

There are a few different options for getting help with creating a comic book character. You can reach out to other comic book creators or artists for advice, join online communities or forums for comic book creators, or take classes or workshops on character design.

2. How can I make my comic book character stand out and be unique?

One way to make your comic book character stand out and be unique is to give them a distinct personality or backstory that sets them apart from other characters. You can also experiment with different visual elements, such as their costume or physical appearance, to make them visually distinctive.

3. What are some key elements to consider when creating a comic book character?

When creating a comic book character, it's important to consider their motivations, flaws, and goals. You should also think about their appearance, powers or abilities, and how they fit into the overall story or world you are creating.

4. How can I balance creating a compelling character with staying true to established comic book tropes?

While it's important to create a unique and interesting character, it's also important to balance that with staying true to established comic book tropes and conventions. You can do this by putting your own spin on familiar tropes or incorporating them in unexpected ways.

5. What resources are available for learning more about creating comic book characters?

There are many resources available for learning more about creating comic book characters, such as books, online courses, workshops, and conventions. You can also find helpful tips and advice from other comic book creators through social media or online communities.