Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with XRD data

1. Dec 13, 2011 #1
    Hi,

Im new to this forum. I was hoping someone could suggest a free program or how I could determine the miller index's from XRD data. I know roughly what they should be by knowing the material we fabricated, YBCO a = 3.82, b = 3.89, and c = 11.68 Å.

Many thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2011 #2
    Ok so maybe i wasn't very clear. I have the data from XRD on a sample we fabricated. It is YBCO, what I would like to know is how to determine the difference between my sample and the ideal a, b, c lattice parameters a = 3.82, b = 3.89, and c = 11.68 Å?

Again many thanks in advance

4. Dec 23, 2011 #3
    every crystals data can be compared with data in international crystal database... you can find a software were u can open the ICSD data and compare it with your data.

and to determine your structures data you can download any offline softwares which can analyse your graph(for ex: X31 might be helpful)

all the best.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook