HNC Electronics Project enquiries

In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for designing a conservatory temperature controlled circuit using an oil radiator and a thermistor circuit. Suggestions are given to consider the placement of the components and the type of control needed. The possibility of oscillations is also mentioned and a resource for temperature control IC's is provided.
brianmew
Hi all,

I am just trying to finish off my HNC in Electronics which I should have done years ago. My idea is to design a conservatory temperature controlled circuit using an oil radiator and a thermistor circuit. I have no idea if this is sufficient enough for project as I am doing it from home and I have not been assigned a tutor yet. I would just like a few ideas as to how I could go about designing it.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
First you should think about where the radiator and thermistor will be located in the conservatory. Next you should decide whether the control will be bang-bang (either all on or all off) or proportional control. One problem with these controls, especially when there is a delay between applying power to the radiator and sensing it with the thermistor, is the possibility of oscillations and you should consider how you will control that.

1. What is an HNC Electronics Project?

An HNC Electronics Project is a practical project that is part of the Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Electronics course. It involves designing, building, and testing an electronic system or device to solve a real-world problem.

2. What are the requirements for an HNC Electronics Project?

The specific requirements may vary depending on the institution and the course, but generally, an HNC Electronics Project should demonstrate a working knowledge of electronic principles, use of relevant software and hardware tools, and the ability to analyze and solve problems in an electronic system.

3. How long does it take to complete an HNC Electronics Project?

The duration of an HNC Electronics Project can range from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the complexity of the project and the resources available. It is typically completed during the final year of the HNC course.

4. Can I choose my own project for the HNC Electronics Project?

In most cases, students are given a list of project options to choose from. However, some institutions may allow students to propose their own project ideas, which will be evaluated and approved by a supervisor or a panel.

5. What are the benefits of completing an HNC Electronics Project?

An HNC Electronics Project allows students to apply their theoretical knowledge to a practical project, which can enhance their understanding of electronic principles and improve their problem-solving skills. It also provides valuable experience in project management, time management, and teamwork.