Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HNC Electronics Project enquiries

1. Nov 3, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I am just trying to finish off my HNC in Electronics which I should have done years ago. My idea is to design a conservatory temperature controlled circuit using an oil radiator and a thermistor circuit. I have no idea if this is sufficient enough for project as I am doing it from home and I have not been assigned a tutor yet. I would just like a few ideas as to how I could go about designing it.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2013 #2
    First you should think about where the radiator and thermistor will be located in the conservatory. Next you should decide whether the control will be bang-bang (either all on or all off) or proportional control. One problem with these controls, especially when there is a delay between applying power to the radiator and sensing it with the thermistor, is the possibility of oscillations and you should consider how you will control that.

4. Nov 4, 2013 #3

meBigGuy

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook