How Do You Calculate the Launch Velocity Components in a Football Field Goal?

• Thread starter Miss1nik2
  • Start date
In summary, a person needs help with a problem involving a kicker attempting a field goal in a football game. The ball remains in contact with the kicker's foot for 0.0300 s, experiencing an acceleration of 229 m/s2 and launching at an angle of 50.3 ° above the ground. The horizontal and vertical components of the launch velocity are found to be Ax=146.28 and Ay= 176.19 respectively. The person then moves on to ask for help with a rocket that is fired at a speed of 63.0 m/s from ground level at an angle of 37.0 ° above the horizontal, towards an 18.1-m high wall located 32.0 m away.
Miss1nik2
Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem??

In a football game a kicker attempts a field goal. The ball remains in contact with the kicker's foot for 0.0300 s, during which time it experiences an acceleration of 229 m/s2. The ball is launched at an angle of 50.3 ° above the ground. Determine the (a) horizontal and (b) vertical components of the launch velocity.

I figured out that Ax=146.28 and Ay= 176.19, but I am stuck after that.

Physics news on Phys.org

well you did the hard part...

I would've found the velocity first then broken it down into components, but I suppose your way is just as good...

you got t = .03 s
you got Ax = 146.28 and Ay = 176.19

well, Velocity = (acceleration) X (time)

so find Vx and Vy

I think I got it. Thanks.

But now I need help with...

A rocket is fired at a speed of 63.0 m/s from ground level, at an angle of 37.0 ° above the horizontal. The rocket is fired toward an 18.1-m high wall, which is located 32.0 m away. The rocket attains its launch speed in a negligibly short period of time, after which its engines shut down and the rocket coasts. By how much does the rocket clear the top of the wall?

I got Vox=50.31 and Voy=37.91. And I got, at 32 m the time is t=.64s. Then y=22.26. Then subtract 18.1 and I got 4.16.

...well in that case I don't think u need help at all, because I got the same answer! good job!

Related to How Do You Calculate the Launch Velocity Components in a Football Field Goal?

1. How do I solve this problem?

The best way to solve a problem is to break it down into smaller, manageable steps. Start by identifying the specific issue you are having and brainstorming potential solutions. Then, try each solution one at a time until you find one that works.

2. Who can help me with this problem?

There are many people who can potentially help you with a problem, including friends, family, teachers, mentors, and professionals in the field. It's important to reach out and ask for help when you need it.

3. Can I use outside resources to help me with this problem?

Yes, you can definitely use outside resources to help you with a problem. This could include textbooks, online tutorials, or asking for assistance on forums or through social media. Just make sure to properly cite any outside sources you use.

4. How can I prevent encountering similar problems in the future?

To prevent encountering similar problems in the future, it's important to reflect on the root cause of the issue and identify any patterns or mistakes that may have led to it. This can help you make changes to your approach or habits that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future.

5. Is it okay to ask for help with a problem?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help with a problem. In fact, seeking assistance shows that you are proactive, willing to learn, and open to different perspectives. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it!