How Do You Find and Draw V(out) for a Sine Wave in an Ideal Diode Circuit?

In summary, Eng_Electo has solved the problem by taking two values for V(in), and solving for V(out) based on these values. He found two output voltages, one for V(in)=-10V and one for V(in)=10V. He then solved the problem normally after this. However, is his solving correct? Is this how he should solve the problem?
Eng_Electro
http://up4.w6w.net/upload/17-03-2006/w6w_2006031704465627806cb7.JPG

for the following circuit find and draw V(out) if the V(in) signal is a sine wave with amplitude of 10V (Consider all diodes to be ideal)

This is the problem , could anyone please solve it 4 me ?:?:

10x

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
The policy is that we don't do homework for you. Would you please explain how you have tried to solve this problem so far?

ok , no problem

i've solved it but i don't know if it is true

i have taken two values

one as 10 v

and other as - 10 v

and i have got as result two out put voltages (one for 10 v and one for

- 10 v)

and solved the problem normally after that

but , is my solving correct ? is this how i should solve the problem ?

Just start by drawing the Vo versus Vi graph for a linearly increasing Vi from -10V to +10V. You wll find different behavior regions where the various diodes go from Off to On. Figure out what these voltages are where the diode behaviors change (how many regions are there?), and solve each one separately. Then you can plot the Vo response to a Vi sine wave to finish answering the homework question.

No berkeman, the OP said to consider all diodes to be ideal. Eng_Electo, your approach is correct. Tell us what your answers are.

Averagesupernova said:
No berkeman, the OP said to consider all diodes to be ideal. Eng_Electo, your approach is correct. Tell us what your answers are.
Even with ideal diodes, it seems like the input impedance and transfer function will change with input voltage, based on the bias voltages in series with the diodes. Pushing the input voltage high is a lot easier, for example, than pulling it low where the first clamp stage will be operating.

Related to How Do You Find and Draw V(out) for a Sine Wave in an Ideal Diode Circuit?

What is an electronic circuit?

An electronic circuit is a network of electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, and integrated circuits that work together to perform a specific function, such as amplifying a signal or controlling the flow of electricity.

What are the basic components of an electronic circuit?

The basic components of an electronic circuit include power supply, conductors, resistors, capacitors, transistors, and integrated circuits. These components work together to control the flow of electricity and perform specific functions.

How does an electronic circuit work?

An electronic circuit works by controlling the flow of electricity through the use of various electronic components. The components are connected in a specific way to create a path for the electricity to flow and perform a specific function, such as amplifying a signal or converting it into another form.

What are the different types of electronic circuits?

There are several types of electronic circuits, including analog circuits, digital circuits, and mixed-signal circuits. Analog circuits work with continuous signals, while digital circuits work with discrete signals. Mixed-signal circuits combine both analog and digital components.

What are some common applications of electronic circuits?

Electronic circuits have a wide range of applications in various industries, including telecommunications, consumer electronics, medical devices, and automotive systems. They are used to perform tasks such as amplifying signals, converting energy, and controlling the flow of electricity.