How to fix this electric circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses a circuit construction and its potential errors. The laws of Kirchoff and Ohm are mentioned and a link to a diagram is provided. Suggestions are given to fix the circuit, but the student must do the work to find the solution. The solution involves adding a resistor at the upper left or putting the bulbs in series. The conversation also mentions that the circuit can be solved with one simple step. However, the student is not currently able to draw a diagram. The homework helpers from Physics Forums are not allowed to provide the answer, and the student is encouraged to work through the problem themselves.
orpheus

Homework Statement

I'm not sure if the construction of this circuit is correct, so that both lamps, which are the same, shine equally brightly. Otherwise only the resistors are given. If it's wrong, what else would it look like? And why?[/B]

1537595868640-940372466-jpg.jpg

Homework Equations

I guess the laws of Kirchoff and Ohm

The Attempt at a Solution

check this link:
[/B]
https://share-your-photo.com/6ef822170a

Attachments

• 1537595868640-940372466-jpg.jpg
    1537595868640-940372466-jpg.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
When I clicked on the photo, google has ads in the way, so that I can not see it completely. Can you please try to find some other way to upload the diagram.

Yes, sorry, now it should work. :)

Attachments

• 1537595868640-940372466.jpg
    1537595868640-940372466.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 255
By "fixing" the circuit, you will need to add a resistor at the upper left of some value to be determined =perhaps that value is zero. Suggestion is to try short circuiting that part first and see what you get. Presently, the bulb on the upper right will not light at all. You need to put in some of the work here though. The Physics Forums homework helpers can help you to work to the solution, but we are not allowed to provide the answer. You must do the work to get to the answer.

We are not allowed to add something to circuit. We should just switch resistors. I guess. I can't solve it.

You are at least going to need to close the circuit at the upper left. The instructions don;t seem to be entirely clear on this problem, but again the first thing I would try is simply close the circuit at the upper left. And you need to write out the current and voltage equations. It takes a little work, but when you get tested on the material, they are not going to write the equations for you. That is what homeworks are for=to learn by trial and error. ## \\ ## One way to get them to shine equally bright is to simply put the bulbs next to each other in series in the circuit=they aren't real clear on what you are allowed to do to the circuit. ## \\ ## Edit: My suggestion of shorting the circuit at the upper left will not work. This one is actually kind of simple now that I have looked it over carefully, and it does not require extensive circuit analysis. If you look at the bulb at the lower left, it is in series circuit with the voltage source with resistances totaling ## R=2.3 \, k \Omega ## . How would you modify the circuit to get the same thing for the other bulb? That will give you the solution you need.

Last edited:
See my "Edit" above= (post 6). This one is actually quite simple. And note: The ## R=100 \, \Omega ## at the lower right will be shared by both circuit loops, but that is ok. In the circuit that is the correct solution, that resistor will simply have 2x the current through that all of the other resistors have. The solution involves one simple step.

Last edited:
So I am actually not far from solution?

I guess I have the solution but I am not sure.
I am not more able draw because I went for a time away from home (now in train), so there is no possibility write it down for me.

1. How do I know if there is a problem with my electric circuit?

The most common way to determine if there is a problem with your electric circuit is to check for any visible signs of damage, such as frayed wires or burnt components. You can also use a multimeter to test for continuity and voltage in the circuit.

2. What are the steps to fixing an electric circuit?

The first step to fixing an electric circuit is to identify the problem and its source. This could involve visually inspecting the circuit, testing for continuity and voltage, or consulting a wiring diagram. Once the problem is identified, the next step is to replace any damaged components or rewire any faulty connections.

3. Can I fix an electric circuit myself?

In most cases, it is not recommended for individuals without proper training to attempt to fix an electric circuit on their own. Electricity can be dangerous and it is important to have the knowledge and tools to handle it safely. It is best to hire a licensed electrician for any repairs or modifications to your electric circuit.

4. How can I prevent future problems with my electric circuit?

To prevent future problems with your electric circuit, it is important to regularly inspect and maintain it. This includes checking for any signs of damage, keeping the area around the circuit clean and free of debris, and avoiding overloading the circuit with too many appliances or devices.

5. What should I do if I am unsure about how to fix an electric circuit?

If you are unsure about how to fix an electric circuit, it is best to consult a professional electrician. They have the knowledge and experience to safely troubleshoot and repair any issues with your circuit. Attempting to fix it yourself without proper training can be dangerous and may cause further damage.