I for phototransistor circuit

• Thread starter yaasir
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, The speaker is requesting help with calculating the resistance values for a circuit diagram and has attached data sheets for reference. The speaker advises to choose a resistor that will limit the current to a chosen value at an assumed LED voltage drop, and provides the formula for calculating the resistor value, with the necessary variables also listed. The speaker encourages the listener to refer to the attached datasheet for the specific values needed.
yaasir
I need help to calculate the resistance values for the attached circuit diagram. I have also attached the data sheets. Can you help me.

Attachments

• 150214-1656.jpg
    150214-1656.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 410
  • 58-0325.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 58-0320.pdf
    264.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 58-0325.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 218
Engineering news on Phys.org
hi there yaasir
welcome to PF :)

for the IR LED (or any LED for that matter), choose a resistor that will limit the current (I) to a chosen value at an assumed Vf. And we have both of these.

R = (V - Vf) / I

R = the resistor
V = The supply voltage
Vf = the LED voltage drop
I = the LED current

Vf and I can be obtained from the datasheet you posted

see how you go :)

Dave

1. What is a phototransistor circuit?

A phototransistor circuit is a type of electronic circuit that uses a phototransistor, which is a light-sensitive transistor, to detect and convert light into an electrical signal. It is commonly used in applications such as light sensors, optical communication, and automatic light control systems.

2. How does a phototransistor circuit work?

A phototransistor circuit works by using the phototransistor to detect light and convert it into an electrical current. The phototransistor is made up of a semiconductor material that changes its electrical conductivity when exposed to light. This change in conductivity is then amplified by the circuit to generate an output voltage or current.

3. What are the advantages of using a phototransistor circuit?

Some advantages of using a phototransistor circuit include its high sensitivity to light, fast response time, and low cost. It also has a wide dynamic range, meaning it can detect a broad range of light intensities. Additionally, phototransistor circuits can be easily integrated into electronic systems and require minimal power to operate.

4. What are the common applications of a phototransistor circuit?

Phototransistor circuits are commonly used in various applications, such as in light sensors for automatic lighting systems, in barcode scanners, and in optical communication systems. They are also used in devices that require light detection, such as smoke detectors and burglar alarms.

5. How can I design a phototransistor circuit?

Designing a phototransistor circuit involves selecting the appropriate components, such as the phototransistor, resistors, and capacitors, and connecting them in a specific configuration. It is important to consider the desired sensitivity, response time, and power requirements when designing a circuit. Many resources, such as online tutorials and circuit design software, are available to assist with designing a phototransistor circuit.