• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

I need help with a physics HW problem PLEase

• Thread starter Ogir28
  • Start date
I need help with a physics HW problem ASAP....PLEase...

A wheel is rotating about an axis perpendicular to the plane of the wheel and passing through the center of the wheel. The angular speed of the wheel is increasing at a constant rate. Point A is on the rim of the wheel and point B is midway between the rim and the center of the wheel. For each of the following quantities, it is the magnitude larger at A or at B, or is it the same at both points: a) angular speed, b) tangential speed, c) angular acceleration, d) tangential acceleration, and e) centripetal acceleration. Justify your answers.

I dont understand what they want me to do. There are no "givens" besides point A and point B which I think A=r and B= 1/2r

I have the formulas for the accelerations and velocities but don't know how to apply them....

Answers and Replies

They want you to say whether the magnitude of the listed quantities a through e is larger on the edge of the wheel or the center of the wheel.

In other words, does increasing the radius increase or decrease the magnitude of those quantities?