I need to know if i correct (Chemistry)

• Thread starter omni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the compound with an empirical formula of CH2 and a molar mass of 56 g/mol will have a molecular formula of C4H8. The oxidation number of manganese in the compound KMnO4 is most likely +7.
omni
if is known that for some Compound have Empirical formula CH2 and molar mass of 56 g/mol

so the Molecular formula of this Compound will be C4H8 ?

and other Question that i need to know if i correct is: the Oxidation number of KMnO4 is +7 ?

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
omni said:
so the Molecular formula of this Compound will be C4H8 ?

Yes.

is: the Oxidation number of KMnO4 is +7 ?

Oxidation number is a property of atom, not a molecule. But I guess it is just a lousy wording and you are on the right track.

hi. thank you for yours answer
about KMnO4 i got 4 Different Options and this was my Options :

A)+7
B)+2
C)+3
D)+4
so found is A what do you say?
and thanks again.

You still don't understand. There is no such thing as oxidation number of KMnO4. But K in KMnO4 has oxidation number of +1. O in KMnO4 has oxidation number of -2. And so on.

The question probably asked for the oxidation number for manganese in the compound KMnO4.

yes yes exactly as chemisttree told is asked about manganese in the compound KMnO4 so the answer still the same?

and sorry about the Bad wording.
thanks.

omni said:
yes yes exactly as chemisttree told is asked about manganese in the compound

I hoped you will get in on your own.

+7 it is.

1. What does it mean to be "correct" in chemistry?

In chemistry, being "correct" means that your results or conclusions are accurate and in line with established scientific principles and theories.

2. How can I check if my chemistry experiment or calculation is correct?

You can check the accuracy of your experiment or calculation by comparing your results to established values or using control groups. You can also seek feedback from other scientists or conduct further tests to confirm your findings.

3. What are common mistakes that can lead to incorrect results in chemistry?

Common mistakes in chemistry can include measurement errors, incorrect use of equipment, contamination of samples, and incorrect interpretation of data. It is important to follow proper procedures and double-check your work to avoid these errors.

4. How can I improve my accuracy in chemistry?

To improve your accuracy in chemistry, it is important to have a strong understanding of the underlying concepts and theories. Additionally, carefully following procedures, using precise measurements, and conducting multiple trials can help improve accuracy.

5. What should I do if my results are not what I expected in chemistry?

If your results are not what you expected in chemistry, it is important to first evaluate your procedures and calculations to ensure they were done accurately. You can also seek guidance from other scientists or conduct further experiments to better understand your results.