Meet Guys: Girls Looking for Decent Guys!

• Thread starter nucleargirl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary, girls are looking for decent guys to meet and potentially date. As an expert summarizer of content, it is important to understand that this topic focuses on the desire for girls to find decent guys, and not the other way around. This could suggest a shift in traditional gender roles and expectations, as well as the importance of character and decency in a potential partner.
A great example of an "Application form gone bad" technical issue!

Edit: haha, I didn't see the pic a few seconds ago, only a bunch of letters :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
radou said:
Edit: haha, I didn't see the pic a few seconds ago, only a bunch of letters :biggrin:

Yeah, when you're computer is exploding things like that happen sometimes.

Oh yes, and another proposition to the mentors. Beside the Snatched/Unsnatched/Undersnatched/Oversnatched options and application forms, you could implement a cheap airplane ticket finder! :biggrin:

radou said:
Oh yes, and we can have "Undersnatched" and "Oversnatched", too!
:rofl:
radou said:
Well, "Oversnatched" would be when everybody's trying to snatch you! :smile:

:rofl: I LOVE this lolololol:biggrin:

FlexGunship you are probably a TV celebrity or a hollywood star. How else can you be "oversnatched" if you aren't one?

Deric Boyle said:
FlexGunship you are probably a TV celebrity or a hollywood star. How else can you be "oversnatched" if you aren't one?

Yeah, he probably acts in a soap opera. :tongue2:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Radou! you're surely going to be snatched by some member
Ha Ha Ha

One of the top dating sites has informed me that I have been rated in the top 50% of their most attractive members, and it was not an attractive picture. And I'm old.

Yeah, I need validation. :redface:

Take that you near naked, vapid, 20 year olds!

Very nice! Gotta be happy with that! :biggrin:

Evo said:

:rofl:

Evo said:

<<takes it>>

Evo said:
One of the top dating sites has informed me that I have been rated in the top 50% of their most attractive members, and it was not an attractive picture. And I'm old.

Yeah, I need validation. :redface:

If it was a picture of you, how was it not an attractive one? I see no issues with the results and neither should you! :smile:

FlexGunship said:
<<takes it>>

<wonders what Flex is going to do with it :confused:>

Dembadon said:
If it was a picture of you, how was it not an attractive one? I see no issues with the results and neither should you! :smile:

This is totally transparent - it's a typical case of false modesty. :tongue2:

radou said:
This is totally transparent - it's a typical case of false modesty. :tongue2:
Of course it is! I said I needed validation. :biggrin:

Evo said:
One of the top dating sites has informed me that I have been rated in the top 50% of their most attractive members, and it was not an attractive picture.
That's nothing. They rated me in the top 100%.

nucleargirl said:
lol thanks Graphene :) sounds good to me! your electron and my uh... nuclear properties... we could set off a fission reaction!
I'm sorry I came late to this conversation. There is a lovely song along these lines. I posted it before in a different thread. I heard it on the Dr. Demento show many years ago and never forgot the words. I do not know the name of it or who wrote or performed it.

Just an atom of chlorine, valence minus one.
Swimming through the sea, digging the scene, just having fun.
She's not worried about the shape or size of her outside shell.
It's fun to ionize.
Just an atom of Cl, with an unfilled shell.

Somewhere in that sea lurks handsome Sodium.
With enough electrons on his outside shell plus that extra one.
Somewhere in this deep blue sea there's a positive
for my extra energy. Yes,
somewhere in this foam my negative will find a home.

Then unsuspecting Chlorine felt a magnetic pull.
She looked down and her outside shell was full.
Sodium cried "What a gas, be my bride,
and I'll change your name from Chlorine to Chloride."

Now the sea evaporates to make the clouds for the rain and snow.
Leaving her chemical compounds in the absence of H2O.
But the crystals that wash upon the shore are happy ones.
So, if you never thought before,
think of the love that you eat when you salt your meat.

Last edited:
thats nice Jimmy!
it seems to be 'NaCl' by Kate and Anna McGarrigle.

you know, I've had enough of men! and people! I'm turning bitter! I don't care anymore!
the more I see the more I get disappointed! if I could, I would go and live on my own in a cave or somewhere!... meh.

nucleargirl said:
thats nice Jimmy!

you know, I've had enough of men! and people! I'm turning bitter! I don't care anymore!
the more I see the more I get disappointed! if I could, I would go and live on my own in a cave or somewhere!... meh.

You're surrounded by people who score high percentages at online dating services and you're still disappointed? :devil: :tongue:

nucleargirl said:
thats nice Jimmy!

You're too young to be jaded! I suspect that you just haven't met the right guy yet.

radou said:
You're surrounded by people who score high percentages at online dating services and you're still disappointed? :devil: :tongue:

:) ah that I wouldn't mind! its more like the people that I have to work with that is making me lose my faith in humanity... being surrounded by these people is bad news!

nucleargirl said:
:) ah that I wouldn't mind! its more like the people that I have to work with that is making me lose my faith in humanity... being surrounded by these people is bad news!
Hang in there ng! Don't give up, we love you!

awww thanks evo

... it had been found that fluoridation caused slight damage to a specific part of the brain. This damage had a very particular effect. It made it more difficult for the person affected to defend his freedom. he became more docile towards authority.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/fluoridation.htm"

Perhaps you can find a way to fluoridate the water supply of the people you work with, and turn them all into your minions. That way they can restore your faith in humanity by proving their usefulness and work would become a much more pleasant place to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
hm... I'm pretty sure the water I drink is fluoridated... maybe that's why I'm having trouble defending my rights... perhaps that's why lots of people drink bottled water... maybe I should join them and see if my willpower improves!

Drink beer. Its much more fun than water.

Evo said:
Hang in there ng! Don't give up, we love you!

Yes!

Oh, does hanging on there work out? I've been hanging for some time now, and don't see very interesting signals yet.

The lower your standards go, the more signals you are likely to get. Which would you prefer :smile:

Sounds like an optimization problem :/

No, Its an optimization challenge!

Does anyone have an algorithm for it?

Sourabh N said:
Sounds like an optimization problem :/

Haha nice

Anyway you shouldn't rely on others to make you feel better or anything like that

Does anyone have an algorithm for it?

The algorithm takes into account the weighting of various desired characteristics, location, age, hobbies, weather, chocolate content and employment and returns 1/0.

Perhaps you should try a thought experiment instead?

PhysDrew said:
Haha nice

Anyway you shouldn't rely on others to make you feel better or anything like that

Why not? I don't want to be bothered with making myself happy all the time.

Zryn said:
The algorithm takes into account the weighting of various desired characteristics, location, age, hobbies, weather, chocolate content and employment and returns 1/0.

Perhaps you should try a thought experiment instead?

Like imagine a girl? o_O