What is the book mentioned in this webpage about band bending?

In summary, "Identity" is a fictional novel written by Aimee Bender that follows the story of a young woman named Emma as she navigates her struggle with finding her true identity. It is a standalone book that explores themes of self-discovery, societal expectations, and the impact of family and relationships on one's sense of self. While it is recommended for young adults and above, it may not be suitable for younger readers due to mature themes.
jam_27
Can anyone identity the book please?
http://atao.ucsd.edu/258/bandbending.pdf
i had some notes from this book. I need more info. with great difficulty I have been able to find the link.
any leads will be very useful.
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You could try reaching out to the instructor listed here: http://atao.ucsd.edu/ceng258

I haven't found any results either. I didn't search extensively however.

1. What is the book "Identity" about?

The book "Identity" is a fictional novel that follows the story of a young woman named Emma who is struggling to find her true identity amidst societal and personal expectations. She embarks on a journey of self-discovery and learns the importance of embracing one's true self.

2. Who is the author of "Identity"?

The author of "Identity" is Aimee Bender, an American novelist and short story writer. She has written several other acclaimed books such as "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" and "An Invisible Sign of My Own".

3. Is "Identity" a standalone book or part of a series?

"Identity" is a standalone book and is not part of a series. It was first published in 1998 and has been reprinted multiple times since then.

4. What themes are explored in "Identity"?

The book "Identity" delves into themes of self-discovery, societal expectations, conformity, and the search for one's true identity. It also touches on the impact of family and relationships on one's sense of self.

5. Is "Identity" suitable for all ages?

The book "Identity" contains mature themes and may not be suitable for younger readers. It is recommended for young adults and above.