Solving an Integral: Step-by-Step Guide

• Thread starter needhelp17
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the conversation involves someone asking for help solving an integral and receiving an answer with steps provided. They then ask for help with a different integral and are reminded to show effort in solving the problem. A link to an image is also provided for further assistance.
needhelp17
Someone pliz can you solve this integral with the steps..

xln(x+(1+(1+x^2)^1/2)/(1-x^2)^2

the answer is... ln(x+(1+x^2)^1/2)/2(1-x^2) + 1/4(2)^1/2ln(((1+x^2)-x(2)^1/2)/ ((1+x^2)^1/2+x(2)^1/2))

but how do i get this answer?
please a ineed the steps

Physics news on Phys.org

We don't give out solutions! Show effort through steps or you won't receive help.

How do I solve this?

sec[x]/(1-tan[x]^2)

I have tried the problem 3 days ...I don't know what to do..this is like a college problem.. and I am still in high school

Which integral are you solving now? For the former, it'll help a lot if you typed it out in Latex. Is it supposed to be like this:
[tex]\int x ln \left| x + \frac{1+\sqrt{1+x^2}}{(1-x^2)^2} \right | dx[/tex]

I got to this point

1/(Sqrt[1+x^2](1-x^2))

http://https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15381&stc=1&d=1221187139

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:
the problem is in the image

What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is the inverse operation of differentiation and is used to calculate the total value of a function over a certain interval.

Why do we need to solve integrals?

Integrals are used to solve a variety of real-world problems in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. They allow us to calculate important values such as displacement, velocity, and acceleration, as well as finding the total accumulated value of a function.

What is the process for solving an integral?

The process for solving an integral involves first identifying the type of integral (definite or indefinite) and then using various techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric identities to simplify the integral. Finally, the integral is evaluated using the fundamental theorem of calculus.

What are the common mistakes to avoid when solving integrals?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving integrals include incorrect application of integration rules, forgetting to add the constant of integration, and not properly simplifying the integral before evaluation. It is also important to check for potential discontinuities or undefined values in the original function.

How can I check if my solution to an integral is correct?

You can check your solution to an integral by differentiating the answer and seeing if it matches the original function. Alternatively, you can use online tools or graphing calculators to graph both the original function and the integral to see if they match up.