How did 27.84x10^-6 become 3.593x10^4? Integration Help

In summary, the conversation was about a student struggling with a problem in their HNC lesson. They were unable to understand how 27.84x10^-6 was converted to 3.593x10^4. It was suggested that the person helping may have used the ##1/x## button on a calculator. The student was grateful for the clarification and thanked the person who helped.
PCal
1. The problem statement, all given data
I've been working through one of the lessons for my HNC and I'm totally stuck on how they got from 27.84x10^-6 to 3.593x10^4. I can follow it all fine including the integration after that section it's just the inbetween that I can't seem to get my head around! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Homework Equations

Self assessment.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Self assessment.jpg
    Self assessment.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 293
Physics news on Phys.org
PCal said:
1. The problem statement, all given data
I've been working through one of the lessons for my HNC and I'm totally stuck on how they got from 27.84x10^-6 to 3.593x10^4.

They may have used the ##1/x## button on a calculator!

Likes berkeman and PCal
PeroK said:
They may have used the ##1/x## button on a calculator!
Yesss! Thank you!

Likes berkeman

What is integration?

Integration is a mathematical concept that involves finding the area under a curve. It is used to solve problems related to finding the total amount of something, such as distance, volume, or speed, when the rate of change of that quantity is known.

Why do we use integration?

We use integration in order to find the total value of a quantity that is changing over time or space. It allows us to calculate the cumulative effect of a rate of change, which is often useful in real-world applications.

What are some common techniques for solving integration problems?

Some common techniques for solving integration problems include using basic integration rules, such as the power rule and the substitution rule, as well as more advanced methods like integration by parts, trigonometric substitution, and partial fractions.

What are the differences between indefinite and definite integration?

Indefinite integration is the process of finding the general antiderivative of a function, while definite integration is used to find the exact value of the integral over a specific interval. Indefinite integration results in a family of functions, while definite integration gives a single numerical value.

How can I check if my integration solution is correct?

To check if your integration solution is correct, you can differentiate the result and see if it matches the original function. You can also use online calculators or software programs to verify your answer. Additionally, you can plug in values for the independent variable to see if they produce the correct output.