1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Investigate one factor that affects the angle of refraction

1. Jun 23, 2015 #1
    Statement:

I need a suitable method and factor to investigate ONE factor that affects the angle of refraction. It has to be related to the context of everyday life and glasses, i.e. how glasses are used to focus light and the light focused is that of a refracted ray. Therefore factors such as wavelength of light or density of glass (measurements may be negligible) are not relevant. Would angle of incidence be one, but I'm struggling to understand how it relates to the context as light enters at all different angles so...?

Thanks

The attempt at a solution

Idea = to measure the curvature of a lens and the effect it has on the angle of refraction but how would you measure curvature? Another attempt to solve = measuring angle of incidence but then how is it relevant to context stated above.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Read through the article on wikipedia about "Lens" (optics). That should get you going... :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted