1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Investigation of resistance of Lightbulb

1. Mar 31, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am currently carrying out an investigation into all the factors that affect the resistance of a lightbulb. Firstly, I have done a graph to show voltage against resistance for a 24W Lightbulb to see if Watts affect resistance, however my friends and teacher all told me to do it as current against voltage, but what is the point when the investigation is asking me to find out the factors that affect resistance? Also, how does watts affect resistance and what is watts exactly.
    Another problem is that I need to have precise and reliable data in order to get the high grades, but I don't know how I can get precision and reliability with just a "power pack, filament lightbulb, wire, variable resistor, two multimeters..."?
    Please help, thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Welcome to PF.

This lecture might be useful at about 17:20 in, though actually the whole lecture might be helpful.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSp8v0YJrA

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook