Well, wasn't IranAir having problems with nose gears?
Nice work of that pilot, sure, but what's so amazing? After all, his own life depended on it. Also notice that wheel braking generates moments that makes the nose slam down hard, but this is not the case with thrust reversers. So all he had to do was no wheel braking and use all the thrust reverse available (follow the checklist for emergencies). There are much much more challenging situations to take care of but never seen by the public.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving