Very impressive performance by TEPCO. They are eating the elephant, one spoonful at a time, as laid out in their longer term plans..
Presumably a similar approach will be implemented later on units 1 and 2. Once that is done, the actual site fuel removal and cleanup can begin.
There are several threads related to the disaster: Japan Earthquake: nuclear plants - technical aspects of the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi NPP (and other plants). Japan Earthquake: nuclear plants part 2 - technical aspects of the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi NPP (and other plants)...
However, there are two important technical books on the accident progression and report by AESJ. They are not open-access, but must be purchased, but are probably worth the money for serious technical analysis.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving