1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Matlab Project Ideas

1. Apr 21, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I need to do a final project for my Intro to MATLAB class and I have no idea what to do it on. Does anyone have any ideas for a program I could create? Other students are doing card tricks or games like MASH.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Simulating a communications channel would be a good project. Have some input digital data in a file, modulate a carrier with the data, add some level of random noise to the data in the "channel", then demodulate the result to compare to the original data. Graph the error rate versus the level of noise that you introduce into the channel. Then you could try different modulation/demod schemes, to see which ones give you the best error rate performance.

Fun project! Even if you just do a simplified version of it, you will still learn a lot.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook