1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with this as soon as possible please (fluid flow in pipes)

1. Apr 28, 2010 #1
    need help with this!! as soon as possible please (fluid flow in pipes)

here is my Q am facing a problem with i don't know how to start and i have to hand it in at 9 a.m

Q: In a chemical processing plant, a fluid (Benzene) must be delivered to point B with a pressure of 550 kPa. A pump is located at point A 21 m below point B, and the two points are connected by 240 m of plastic pipe (smooth pipe) having an inside diameter of 50 mm. If the volume flow rate is 110 L/min, calculate the required pressure at the outlet of the pump.
    Take relative density of benzene  = 0.86 and its viscosity  = 4.2 x 10-4 Pa.s

here is the drawing click the link below:-

http://www10.0zz0.com/2010/04/29/01/629184696.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2010 #2
    Re: need help with this!! as soon as possible please (fluid flow in pipes)

plzz guys help i tried to come up with something, but nothin came up =(

i know the rule is u don't do ours homework, but this time am stuck i don't know how to start and continue with it , so plzz help

4. Apr 29, 2010 #3
    Re: need help with this!! as soon as possible please (fluid flow in pipes)

no one can could answer it !!!

am waiting =(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook