New players needed in Astronomy gamethread

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Astronomy
In summary, the Astronomy gamethread is a platform for players of all ages and backgrounds to engage in simulated astronomical research and exploration. It offers a variety of activities, including identifying celestial objects, analyzing data, and collaborating with other players and scientists. No prior knowledge or experience in astronomy is required to join, and players can make a meaningful contribution to scientific research through their participation.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
we need new people in the Astronomy Q/A thread
Someone who may be a newcomer just posted a neat couple of questions
and since I've played already a lot I am staying out
to give new people a chance
new players will think of different questions and it'll be more
interesting
---check your PM inbox if you think you might have gotten mail about this

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I hope to return to that thread in the near future... about the time it gets too cold to go to the beach. I just haven't been online much lately.
Cheers!

1. What is the purpose of the Astronomy gamethread?

The Astronomy gamethread is a platform for players to engage in simulated astronomical research and exploration. It allows players to learn about astronomy and contribute to scientific discovery in a fun and interactive way.

2. Who can participate in the Astronomy gamethread?

Anyone can participate in the Astronomy gamethread! It is open to players of all ages and backgrounds who are interested in learning about astronomy and contributing to scientific research.

3. What kind of activities can players expect in the Astronomy gamethread?

The Astronomy gamethread offers a variety of activities, including identifying celestial objects, analyzing data from telescopes and satellites, and solving puzzles and challenges related to astronomy. Players can also interact with other players and scientists to discuss their findings and collaborate on research projects.

4. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience in astronomy to join the Astronomy gamethread?

No, you do not need any prior knowledge or experience in astronomy to join the Astronomy gamethread. The game is designed to be accessible to players of all levels, and there are resources and tutorials available to help you learn as you go.

5. How can my contributions in the Astronomy gamethread make a difference?

Your contributions in the Astronomy gamethread can make a real impact on scientific research. By participating in the game and completing tasks and challenges, you are helping scientists gather and analyze data that can lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.