What is this WiFi Card in my Dell?

• Thread starter slee95
  • Start date
In summary, this card has a weird front on it and i pulled it out of my dell because i never used it. It was on the express slot even though it has these two short stubby connectors on it that connect two the boards expansion slot. It has a pci express port on the front of it, but the verry short type.
slee95
This card has a weird front on it and i pulled it out of my dell because i never used it. it was on the express slot even though it has these two short stubby connectors on it that connect two the boards expansion slot.

Computer science news on Phys.org
slee95 said:
This card has a weird front on it and i pulled it out of my dell because i never used it. it was on the express slot even though it has these two short stubby connectors on it that connect two the boards expansion slot.

So what is your question?

i want to know what this card is because I've never see a wlan like this before and don't know if there's a site that i can go to find out what it is.

Pics or a model name / number would be helpful

i found out it is pci express but the verry short type. but this card is weird and would like to know more about this card like what is the port on the front of it?

heres the mac number: fo7bcb3ec3b7 i can't tell the differences between 0's and o's though. id number or somthing on the back which is cn-ogwo73-136-o36-olc1 and again i can't tell the differences between 0's and o's. on the top of the green board it has a sticker Ao6. the sticker has wlan next line the mac number next line rev a03 next line dp/ n omx846 next line made in china next line cn-omx846-13740-035-0d6t-ao3. is any of that helpful?

if you could take a few pictures of this card side and front, it would be very helpful to us in identifying it. I googled the serials you posted but they didnt yield anything. We'll need more information.

Modem and wireless cards do not need the full width of the PCI bus and can use a short connector. Look up "mini PCIE" in your favourite search engine.

I think such a card is nothing unusual.

Give me 5 minutes to identify it from the numebrs you give.

EDIT: I can't be bothered. 99%+ the card is nothing special or unusual.

I left the card at work i will post some pics on Tuesday sorry about the wait :(

ok rorix i will get a pic but how do i post it?

use dropbox or google drive or some other service that offers a little bit of free online storage space.
upload your file there and then link us the image.

take pictures of the card front and back and side
then take a few pictures as close up as you can to any stickers with numbers and letters on them

would google docs work?

sure it will. just make sure that you make the images public so we can view them

google docs wants me to download google drive to upload the pics and i don't want to down load it how bought hotmail shawn_j_lee@hotmail.com

i got dropbox what do i do next?

fb shawn lee go to wall post pictures are under wall post.

i got the pictures on fb go to shawn lee and its under wall photos

This card has a weird front on it and i pulled it out of my dell because i never used it.
What the hell is the card? Is it vga card ,network card,sound card or TV tuner card ?

Anyway what ever your card is if you have a problem with it you should tell the problem to where you bought the card.

1. What is a WiFi card?

A WiFi card, also known as a network interface card (NIC), is a hardware component that allows a computer to connect to a wireless network. It contains a radio transmitter and receiver that enables the computer to send and receive data over a WiFi network.

2. How do I know if my Dell computer has a WiFi card?

You can check if your Dell computer has a WiFi card by looking for a physical card on the back or side of your computer. Alternatively, you can go to the Device Manager on your computer and look for a network adapter with "WiFi" or "Wireless" in its name.

3. What is the purpose of a WiFi card in my Dell?

The purpose of a WiFi card in a Dell computer is to enable wireless connectivity. It allows you to connect to a wireless network, such as a home or office WiFi network, to access the internet and share files with other devices on the network.

4. Can I upgrade the WiFi card in my Dell?

Yes, you can upgrade the WiFi card in your Dell computer. However, it is important to check the compatibility of the new card with your computer's motherboard and operating system before making any changes. It is recommended to seek professional help for upgrading the WiFi card.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with my Dell WiFi card?

If you are experiencing problems with your Dell WiFi card, you can try the following troubleshooting steps: 1) Make sure the WiFi card is properly connected to your computer. 2) Update the drivers for the WiFi card. 3) Restart your computer and router. 4) Reset the WiFi card by removing it and reinserting it. If the issue persists, it may be a hardware problem and you may need to replace the WiFi card.