Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

(?) on a wland card

1. Jul 20, 2012 #1
    This card has a weird front on it and i pulled it out of my dell because i never used it. it was on the express slot even though it has these two short stubby connectors on it that connect two the boards expansion slot.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

So what is your question?

4. Jul 20, 2012 #3
    i want to know what this card is because I've never see a wlan like this before and don't know if there's a site that i can go to find out what it is.

5. Jul 20, 2012 #4
    Pics or a model name / number would be helpful

6. Jul 20, 2012 #5
    i found out it is pci express but the verry short type. but this card is weird and would like to know more about this card like what is the port on the front of it?

7. Jul 20, 2012 #6
    heres the mac number: fo7bcb3ec3b7 i can't tell the differences between 0's and o's though. id number or somthing on the back wich is cn-ogwo73-136-o36-olc1 and again i can't tell the differences between 0's and o's. on the top of the green board it has a sticker Ao6. the sticker has wlan next line the mac number next line rev a03 next line dp/ n omx846 next line made in china next line cn-omx846-13740-035-0d6t-ao3. is any of that helpful?

8. Jul 20, 2012 #7
    if you could take a few pictures of this card side and front, it would be very helpful to us in identifying it. I googled the serials you posted but they didnt yield anything. We'll need more information.

9. Jul 20, 2012 #8
    Modem and wireless cards do not need the full width of the PCI bus and can use a short connector. Look up "mini PCIE" in your favourite search engine.

I think such a card is nothing unusual.

Give me 5 minutes to identify it from the numebrs you give.

EDIT: I can't be bothered. 99%+ the card is nothing special or unusual.

10. Jul 21, 2012 #9
    I left the card at work i will post some pics on Tuesday sorry about the wait :(

11. Jul 24, 2012 #10
    ok rorix i will get a pic but how do i post it?

12. Jul 24, 2012 #11
    use dropbox or google drive or some other service that offers a little bit of free online storage space.
    upload your file there and then link us the image.

take pictures of the card front and back and side
    then take a few pictures as close up as you can to any stickers with numbers and letters on them

13. Jul 24, 2012 #12
    would google docs work?

14. Jul 24, 2012 #13
    sure it will. just make sure that you make the images public so we can view them

15. Jul 24, 2012 #14
    google docs wants me to download google drive to upload the pics and i don't want to down load it how bought hotmail shawn_j_lee@hotmail.com

16. Jul 25, 2012 #15
    i got dropbox what do i do next?

17. Jul 25, 2012 #16
  18. Jul 25, 2012 #17
    fb shawn lee go to wall post pictures are under wall post.

19. Jul 26, 2012 #18
    i got the pictures on fb go to shawn lee and its under wall photos

20. Jul 27, 2012 #19
    What the hell is the card? Is it vga card ,network card,sound card or TV tuner card ?

Anyway what ever your card is if you have a problem with it you should tell the problem to where you bought the card.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook