Opamp Circuit Q: Find Vo in Terms of Vs | Chegg.com

In summary, the problem involves finding vo in terms of vs for an ideal op amp. The gain equation is Vn/10 + (Vn-vo)/40 = 0 and since vn=vp for an ideal op amp, vo can be solved as 5Vn. However, there is trouble with finding Vp, as the equation [48/60]vs - [48/60]4V=vp may not be correct. The suggested solution is to label all resistors and the 5V source, compute vp, and then use vp=vn to solve for vo.
edgarpokemon

Homework Statement

php9XVIDn.png

http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/ideal-opamp-find-v0-terms-vs-need-help-solving-vp-firstly-understanding-parts-q8278769

Homework Equations

I am having difficulties with this problem. It asks to find vo in terms of vs. For the gain, I got an equation of Vn/10 + (Vn-vo)/40 = 0, so vo=5Vn. Since the op amp is ideal, vn=vp. Now for Vp is where i am having trouble. I have an equation of [48/60]vs - [48/60]4V=vp. But i am not sure if this right, I am not getting the correct answer. Help!

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• php9XVIDn.png
    php9XVIDn.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,162
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
1. Label all resistors R1 - R4 and the 5V source V. Don't substitute with numbers until your calculations are done. I can't follow your numbers.
2. Compute vp, then vp=vn as you say, that gives you the current thru the feedback resistor and the output follows immediately.

1. What is an opamp circuit?

An opamp circuit is a type of electronic circuit that uses an operational amplifier (opamp) to amplify and modify an input signal to produce an output signal.

2. How does an opamp circuit work?

An opamp circuit works by using the opamp's high gain and feedback to amplify and modify the input signal. The opamp compares the input signal to a reference voltage and then outputs a voltage based on the difference between the two. This output is then fed back into the input, creating a closed loop system that amplifies and modifies the input signal.

3. What is Vo in terms of Vs in an opamp circuit?

Vo represents the output voltage of an opamp circuit, while Vs represents the input voltage. In simpler terms, Vo is the voltage that is produced by the opamp circuit based on the input voltage, Vs.

4. How is Vo calculated in terms of Vs in an opamp circuit?

Vo can be calculated using the following formula: Vo = -(Rf/Rin) * Vs, where Rf is the feedback resistance and Rin is the input resistance. This formula takes into account the opamp's gain and feedback to determine the output voltage in terms of the input voltage.

5. Can the output voltage of an opamp circuit be greater than the input voltage?

Yes, the output voltage of an opamp circuit can be greater than the input voltage. This is due to the opamp's high gain and feedback, which allows it to amplify and modify the input signal to produce a larger output signal. However, the output voltage can only be as large as the power supply voltage of the opamp.