Please Please Someone help Is this science fair project for real ?

In summary: See the list of "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page for more ideas on Science Fair projects.
nishantve1
So I have this guy whom I asked help from for my science fair Project , he showed me something like this he had one meter like thing which he called micrometer(Sorry if I am acting dumb ). And there were two wires coming out of it one of which was attached to a Copper plate and other to Aluminium plate . So when you keep one of your hands on copper and other on the Aluminium plate the meter showed some readings it was different for different people . Now he told me that The lesser the reading on the meter the better is the coordination in your nerves . He calls this measurement of coordination of nerves . Is there something like this ? Please tell me how all these things work or suggest me some website where I can get information out of .
Thanks in advance :D

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sounds bogus. What is coordination in your nerves? And I don't understand what a micrometer has to do with any of this.

dacruick said:
Sounds bogus. What is coordination in your nerves? And I don't understand what a micrometer has to do with any of this.
I guess its a Ampere meter which calculates the current flow .

Okay well this is a micrometer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micrometer

In any case, current flowing from one plate to another certainly cannot calculate nerve coordination, whatever that is. This sounds like some Scientology business haha.

Most likely microammeter. Wet your hands with salty water before touching electrodes to make the measurements skyrocket. Nothing to do with nerves, just an Ohm's law (plus some electrochemistry).

But how is the readings in the micro ammeter different for different people ??

Borek said:
Most likely microammeter. Wet your hands with salty water before touching electrodes to make the measurements skyrocket. Nothing to do with nerves, just an Ohm's law (plus some electrochemistry).
Can you help me with this I have to make a project actually a working model on something related to physics and as mentioned in the question Thats all i got Can i make something with it ?

nishantve1 said:
But how is the readings in the micro ammeter different for different people ??

Would it make more sense for readings to be the same?

It would likely have to do with things like the surface area of the connection. Borek suggested using salt water to decrease resistance between the metal and your hand, allowing more electricity to flow.

So Can it be a good physics science fair project ? Hey Can i do something such that the person who touches it have their hair stand with some Static electricity thing ?

nishantve1 said:
So Can it be a good physics science fair project ?

I feel like you aren't listening to what I'm saying. Because of that, I'm out. (I always wanted to drop one of those Dragon's Den lines).

Hey Please don't abandon me ! I have to get it ready by tomorrow

Abandon is a strong word. You should probably look towards thinking of your own idea.

nishantve1 said:
Hey Please don't abandon me ! I have to get it ready by tomorrow

See the list of "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page for more ideas on Science Fair projects. You can also use Google to look for more ideas (there are thousands of them).

1. What is the purpose of this science fair project?

The purpose of this science fair project is to conduct a scientific investigation and present the findings in a formal and organized manner. It allows students to explore a topic of interest and develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and presentation skills.

2. How do I know if this science fair project is appropriate for my grade level?

The difficulty level of a science fair project can vary depending on the grade level. To determine if this project is appropriate for you, consider your current understanding of the topic, the availability of resources, and the complexity of the experiment. You can also consult with your teacher or a science fair mentor for guidance.

3. Can I use someone else's idea for my science fair project?

While it is acceptable to get inspiration from others, it is important to conduct your own unique experiment and present original results. Plagiarism is not only unethical but also defeats the purpose of a science fair project, which is to encourage independent thinking and scientific inquiry.

4. How long does it take to complete a science fair project?

The time required to complete a science fair project can vary depending on the complexity of the topic, the experiment, and the availability of resources. It is important to start early and plan ahead to ensure enough time for research, experimentation, and presentation.

5. How can I make my science fair project stand out?

To make your science fair project stand out, you can choose a unique and interesting topic, conduct a thorough and well-designed experiment, present clear and organized data, and provide a creative and visually appealing display. It is also important to communicate your findings effectively and confidently during the presentation.