Please visst the link and can someone help me to answer the question. I am lost.

• Thread starter hfatehi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Link Lost
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with a homework problem involving the calculation of horizontal component and reactions using the formula Fr = specific weight X Hc X Area. They are requesting assistance on problem 1 from a provided link and are advised to show their work and fill out a form in order to receive help. The conversation also involves a suggestion to find the centroid of the gate and locate the center of pressure as a starting point.
hfatehi
https://www.wp.uni-karlsruhe.de/ResEng/problems.pdf

Only the first question

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll have to show some work to get help.

And we have a homework section...moving.

well i am having difficulty for getting hc. since the resultant force (Fr) = specific weight X Hc X Area.

than i will need to find the Horizontal component at the wall and the reactions at hinge.

Anybody out there to help me with problem 1 from the link i have posted?

Fill that out, so that someone can see what your thinking.

Start by finding the centroid of the gate, then locating the center of pressure.

What is the link to be visited?

The link to be visited is not specified in the question. Please provide the link so that the question can be answered accurately.

What kind of help is needed?

The type of help needed is not specified in the question. Please provide more information or specific instructions so that someone can assist you efficiently.

What are you trying to accomplish by visiting the link?

It is not clear what you are trying to achieve by visiting the link. Please provide more context or background information so that someone can understand your question and provide a helpful answer.

What is the issue or problem you are facing?

It is unclear what specific issue or problem you are experiencing when trying to visit the link. Please provide more details so that someone can offer a solution or guide you in the right direction.

Have you tried any solutions or methods on your own?

It would be helpful to know if you have already attempted to solve the issue on your own. Please provide any information on what you have tried so that someone can offer additional suggestions or help troubleshoot the problem.