1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Power series representation

1. May 22, 2007 #1
    I'm trying to do the question attached. I got the first three answers correct knowing that the nth derivative of a function evaluated at 0 divided by n! = c_n. However, I did the same for the others and the answer is incorrect. I know that I need the power series representation of that function in order to get the radius of convergence but I don't know how to get it. Can someone help please?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2007 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Save yourself some labor and work out the power series expansion of log(1+x) first. It has a simple form. Then substitute 2x for x in that and multiply the whole thing by 2x. This is easier and less error prone than taking high order derivatives which get more and more complicated.

4. May 22, 2007 #3
    ok thanks but how do I get the terms?

5. May 22, 2007 #4

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Take higher derivatives again. But this is a much easier function to deal with. Try it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?