Pytels Dynamics 12.35: A cart carrying a small package

You have correctly identified the forces acting on the package and used Newton's second law to solve for the acceleration. Good job!
Alexanddros81

Homework Statement

The cart carrying the small 9-N package A is moving up the incline with constant acceleration α. If the package stays at rest relative to the cart in the position θ=45deg, determine the value of α. Neglect friction.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Pytel_Dynamics12_35.jpg

[/B]
Are my equations correct?

Also how do I continue finding α? Does the ##θ=\frac {s} {r}## comes into play?

Physics news on Phys.org
Alexanddros81 said:
Are my equations correct?
Hard to tell if you do not define your variables.
What forces act on the mass? (I assume you are to ignore friction.) What are the magnitudes and directions of those forces? What is the magnitude and direction of the resultant force?

Here is a body diagram.

Pytel_Dynamics12_35b.jpg

and here is my solution:

Pytel_Dynamics12_35c.jpg

Can you check this and tell me if it is correct

Alexanddros81 said:
Here is a body diagram.

View attachment 207915

and here is my solution:

View attachment 207916

Can you check this and tell me if it is correct
I didn't check the precision of the numbers, but it looks right.

1. What is Pytels Dynamics 12.35?

Pytels Dynamics 12.35 is a mathematical model used to analyze the motion of a cart carrying a small package. It takes into account factors such as mass, force, and acceleration to predict the trajectory and behavior of the cart.

2. How is Pytels Dynamics 12.35 related to cart dynamics?

Pytels Dynamics 12.35 is specifically designed to study the motion of a cart carrying a small package. Its equations and principles are derived from Newton's laws of motion, making it a useful tool for analyzing cart dynamics.

3. What does the number 12.35 represent in Pytels Dynamics 12.35?

The number 12.35 is a specific version or iteration of the Pytels Dynamics model. It may refer to a specific set of equations, assumptions, or parameters used in the analysis of the cart's motion.

4. How can Pytels Dynamics 12.35 be applied in real life?

Pytels Dynamics 12.35 can be used to study the behavior of carts carrying small packages in various situations. This can have practical applications in industries such as transportation, logistics, and manufacturing, where the movement of carts is important.

5. Are there any limitations to Pytels Dynamics 12.35?

Like any mathematical model, Pytels Dynamics 12.35 has its limitations. It may not be able to accurately predict the motion of a cart in certain scenarios, such as when there are external forces acting on the cart or when the cart is carrying a large or irregularly shaped package.