Quantum Energy levels in atomic, molecular, nuclear and solid state physics

Homework Statement

Greetings everyone

I have been been asked to write a 10 page essay on Quantum Energy levels in atomic, molecular, nuclear and solid state physics. My problem is that this is such a huge topic and my knowledge of quantum energy levels and solid state physics is limited.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

In my initial planning i decided to start by explaining the particle in the box model as a basis and used Schrödinger wave equation and related the wave equation to the energy. From there i planned on using Bohr theory and De Broglie's explaining of standing waves to derive energy equations in atomic physics. For nuclear energies i planned on writing on the various nuclear models (shell model for example) and i'm trying to work in something about the yakawa potential. I'm a bit unsure on what to write about for molecular and solid state physics. Can anyone through around some ideas for me or recommend a good book . My thanks

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Answers and Replies

You can look up HOMO and LUMO gaps for molecular physics and bandgaps for solid state. Also, the s and p orbitals from atomic physics are used quite a bit in molecular physics through hybridization.

But this is a very broad subject. Probably way too much for 10 pages.

Thanks, Your Advice has been a great help