1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommended Mechanics – Statics Books

1. Aug 25, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone,

I’m not 100 percent sure if this is the right section for this question but I guess I will find out very soon.

I have come across some new material as part of my undergraduate engineering course relating to engineering mechanics, in particular truss analysis using the method of joints and the method of sections. Can someone recommend a good book that will hopefully clear out a few problems that I’m having with this topic?

Thank you in advance.

Andrei

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2009 #2
    What kind of problems are you having with those methods?

4. Aug 26, 2009 #3
    I’m starting to understand the methods mentioned above after looking through 4 different books. In some cases the books that I’m using are approaching similar problems in a different way. Although at times confusing I now realize that in most cases there is more than one way to solve a problem.
    There isn’t much information on the Internet about this topic, (truss analysis using the method of joints and the method of sections), and that is why I was hoping that someone could recommend a particular book about Engineering Mechanics – Statics that explains the topic very well.
    I haven’t exactly worked out why I’m having a little bit of trouble understanding this topic, it may be that it is completely new to me and it may take a little while to “click”.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook