1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relative motion

1. Oct 24, 2015 #1
    Hello.

I have the following exercise, and I would like you to say to me if I have it right and how to proceed:

"A particle P moves with constant speed v along the X axis of a reference system O, being x0 = 0 the position in t = 0. Describe the movement on another system O' with the same origin of coordinates and rotating with angular velocity constant ω in the sense clockwise."

H56wp4r.png

I have tried to solve as follows:

54J53Vp.png

So far, is my point correct?

Now, I had thought find the acceleration:

CmvBXqb.png
    Is it correct?

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2015 #2
  4. Oct 25, 2015 #3

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Why don't you just differentiate again?
    But I'm not sure what the question is asking for. Isn't your expression for r' an adequate description? Do you need to find the velocity and acceleration vectors?

5. Oct 25, 2015 #4
    Thank you!

Eventually I realized I could differentiate again. I believed that in this case I need to apply Coriolis and centrifugal acceleration, but I was reading and saw that could also solve in this way a moment ago.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted