Saturated VapourPressure of Steam above Critical Temperature

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Sorade
Messages
53
Reaction score
1
Hello all,

I am not sure my question will totally make sense for those of you who now this topic well but as I am new to it I hope I can be forgiven.

My problem is to work out how much water will condensate as a stream of moist air is expanded through a turbine.

So far I was using Antoine's Equation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_equation) to determine how much water could be held in my gas stream at the turbine outlet Pressure and Temperature.

I however have cases where my outlet Temperature is greater than 374 degrees C, and my code returns an error. I have been looking for equations or tables providing the saturated vapour pressure for temperatures above 374 C but I couldn't find anything.

Any help or comment would be welcome.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There is no such thing as saturated vapor pressure above the critical temperature. No amount of pressure can cause a substance to condense if the temperature exceeds the critical temperature.