Simple Question for my homework

• Thread starter noobies
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, a user is seeking help to determine the pressure difference between two pipelines. They are wondering if they should ignore the air column in their analysis. Another user suggests using the Ideal Gas Law for the air portion and mentions that the pressure would be uniform throughout. The original user clarifies that they need to find the pressure difference between the two pipelines and asks if they should consider the air column. The conversation also includes a discussion about a U-turn manometer and the fact that the pressure at each end must be the same.
noobies
could u guys please help me, i need to determine the pressure difference between the two pipelines, and i know how to calculate those problem, but the problem is should i just ignored the air column in my analysis to find the difference pressure??

please help, and thanks in advanced

untitled-9.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
please let me know if possibly the way that I am asking for help doesn't suit with any of this forum term okay, I am still new here thanks mate

I'll move your thread to Intro Physics to get it more views.

I would think you would need to use the Ideal Gas Law for the air portion, and it seems like the pressure would be uniform throughout the air portion...

What are you actually trying to find - what's the question?

mgb_phys said:
What are you actually trying to find - what's the question?

i need to find the difference of the pressure between those two pipelines, i just need to know if i need to consider the air columned too??or should be ignored??once i know it, i can proceed with the calculation by my self (perhaps)

thanks for ur reply

regards
noobies

berkeman said:
I'll move your thread to Intro Physics to get it more views.

I would think you would need to use the Ideal Gas Law for the air portion, and it seems like the pressure would be uniform throughout the air portion...

thanks mate

I see, the circles are pipes running out of the page - they looked like sealed bulbs forming a thermometer!
The pressure at each end of the air column must be the same. The air will compress - but that doesn't change things. It's exactly equivalent to just having the two water columns with a moveable piston between them.

mgb_phys said:
I see, the circles are pipes running out of the page - they looked like sealed bulbs forming a thermometer!
The pressure at each end of the air column must be the same. The air will compress - but that doesn't change things. It's exactly equivalent to just having the two water columns with a moveable piston between them.

is actually U turn manometer, you know that the pressure at each end must be d same..so should i ignored the air columned? to finde the diff between each end?

Related to Simple Question for my homework

1. What is the purpose of a simple question?

The purpose of a simple question is to gather specific information or feedback from someone. It is typically used to clarify something or to gain a better understanding of a topic.

2. What makes a question "simple"?

A simple question is one that is easy to understand and can be answered with a short response. It should not be too complex or difficult to answer.

3. How do you create a good simple question?

To create a good simple question, it is important to be clear and concise. Avoid using technical or complicated language, and make sure the question is specific and focused. Additionally, it can be helpful to include options for multiple choice or yes/no answers.

4. Can simple questions be open-ended?

Yes, simple questions can be open-ended, but they should still be clear and focused. Open-ended questions allow for more detailed responses and can lead to further discussion or exploration of a topic.

5. What are some examples of simple questions?

Examples of simple questions include "What is your favorite color?", "Did you enjoy the movie?", and "What time is the meeting?" These questions are easy to understand and can be answered with a short response.